Sponsored

CCB Front Rotors, Talk Me Out of It

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Their iron rotors are HORRIBLE with an extremely poor mounting tabs that tend to crack. Their rotor hat design isn't much better. I've seen a lot of failures at the track and I don't really like them as a company.

The above really has no relevance to the CCB since RB just takes a properly engineered rotor and re sells them with a decent hat.
Wait, who's crap? I'm confused.
Sponsored

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
I loved the CCB on my E63 wagon! I tracked the car and I never got fade and brake feel was incredible. Plus the look was awesome!

Maybe something I'll consider when my set of OEM track rotors are toasted... but I would prefer a front/rear set. maybe next year!

1Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I think I'm going to do something really irresponsible. Carbon Ceramics are one of my favorite things on a car. My GT3 has them. My F80 M3 had them, and I certainly would have ticked the box if the GT350 had the option.

Call me a poser if you want, but the cleanliness of them is the big selling point for me. Obviously reducing unsprung weight is cool too. I'll be doing much lighter weight wheels and transitioning to Cup2s, so I will see substantial reduction in weight where it matters most.

These RB Racing front rotor replacements are direct fit for the OE calipers. I'm concerned messing with the factor set-up that already has the best pedal feel and general braking I've ever experienced. They don't have a rear option yet. I also need to get on the phone to discuss pads with them. I'm assuming I'll need a specific pad for the new material.

http://www.racingbrake.com/RB-394mm-Carbon-Ceramic-Rotors-for-2016-Ford-Must-p/2c67.htm

I thought I'd share my crazy. Tony B has these has had a set of CCBs on his car for a while. I'm not sure if they are the same one, but I saw them at SEMA on his 350R.

http://www.tonybracing.com/

Sorry...these may be the bomb, but for that price your on crack (unless professional racecar) :headbonk:

just my opinion...

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'll be a buyer when rears are available. I'm not interested in a mixed matched set of cc and iron rotors.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Oddly enough, a lot of the really hardcore track guys end up swapping out their carbon ceramic rotors for steel
Yeah because the cost of replacement. But cc last longer

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
i say go for it but i would run the steel ones in the ground first. would be cool to dial in lap times and then swap brakes to see how much a difference to makes, then the lightweight wheels so you can measure what each does

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Nice find. Go for it. You'll feel the weight difference in acceleration and steering feel.
Nice thing about wheel & brake weight reduction is no real compromises or downsides.

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I want no dust. ;)
Those who watch your channel know that no care is safe from being sold. One downside i could see is that after keeping the car for a year, having these brakes and then pulling them off because you want to sell the car you will have to find someone to buy these used. It might cost you a few grand in depreciation when it comes time to sell them. Something to consider depending on how long you plan to keep the GT350, or i should say how long until you find the right E92 M3 and S2000.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Seems like you posted to just get attention.

Your mind was set before posting, just get them then?

PositiveGMotorworks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Seems like you posted to just get attention.

Your mind was set before posting, just get them then?
Haha. Matt doesn't need anymore attention. This whole forum is to post and get feedback. Seems like you posted just to be be a jerk.