Sponsored

CCB Front Rotors, Talk Me Out of It

Money2536

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT350
I think I'm going to do something really irresponsible. Carbon Ceramics are one of my favorite things on a car. My GT3 has them. My F80 M3 had them, and I certainly would have ticked the box if the GT350 had the option.

Call me a poser if you want, but the cleanliness of them is the big selling point for me. Obviously reducing unsprung weight is cool too. I'll be doing much lighter weight wheels and transitioning to Cup2s, so I will see substantial reduction in weight where it matters most.

These RB Racing front rotor replacements are direct fit for the OE calipers. I'm concerned messing with the factor set-up that already has the best pedal feel and general braking I've ever experienced. They don't have a rear option yet. I also need to get on the phone to discuss pads with them. I'm assuming I'll need a specific pad for the new material.

http://www.racingbrake.com/RB-394mm-Carbon-Ceramic-Rotors-for-2016-Ford-Must-p/2c67.htm

I thought I'd share my crazy. Tony B has these has had a set of CCBs on his car for a while. I'm not sure if they are the same one, but I saw them at SEMA on his 350R.

http://www.tonybracing.com/
Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 9.20.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 9.32.04 AM.png
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
If you have the money go for it. At that price for me not in a million years :) That weight savings in nice though.

OP
OP
Money2536

Money2536

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT350
If you have the money go for it. At that price for me not in a million years :) That weight savings in nice though.
Considering Porsche Carbon Ceramics are $4,400 each, I didn't think was was too bad.

Sponsored

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
If they offered the rears to match then I would say go for it but without the matching ceramic rears the braking will be unbalanced and you may end up with issues. Once the rears are available I say go for it if you can.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If they offered the rears to match then I would say go for it but without the matching ceramic rears the braking will be unbalanced and you may end up with issues.
That's not necessarily true. What's really going to dictate that is the braking bias and the pads. The R originally was tested with carbons front and steelies rear on the Nurburgring. There's a few Mercs that also use front carbons and rear steels.

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
That's not necessarily true. What's really going to dictate that is the braking bias and the pads. The R originally was tested with carbons front and steelies rear on the Nurburgring. There's a few Mercs that also use front carbons and rear steels.
Yes you are correct the bias can be changed and its easy for Ford to do that with software not so easy for us to do it though. Just sayin

It would be nice though to lose 30 + lbs off the front of the car.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
That's a similar weight reduction and added cost if you were to get OEM R rims.

But if you were to combine a full set of these CCB rotors, and these ESE Carbon Rims @ ~$10k,(http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78609&highlight=ese) supposedly at ~12lbs each, + just 13.5lbs per CCB rotor giving you just ~26lbs of unsprung mass a corner..... :lol: utter insanity.

If you're gonna do it, do it right!!! You would have one of the baddest, if not The Baddest GT350 on the planet, R and Forced induction cars be damned.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
That kind of money for less brake dust seems crazy to me. Even for a track only car it would be a tough sell. I'm also broke so that influences my decisions lol.

Sponsored

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
Just get some pads that dust less, some other threads here that talk on that...

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Their iron rotors are HORRIBLE with an extremely poor mounting tabs that tend to crack. Their rotor hat design isn't much better. I've seen a lot of failures at the track and I don't really like them as a company.

The above really has no relevance to the CCB since RB just takes a properly engineered rotor and re sells them with a decent hat.

TRAC WPN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY16 Gt350Track
Is the material on these so expensive, or the manufacturing process more difficult, or is it just the because we can tax?
I realize the performance benefits, just always wondered how they come up with the price.
Sponsored