Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Bob's. I like the valve at the bottom and the hard mount to the body. Fairly inexpensive, too, and it works quite well.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
JLT 3.0

Had these in all of my mustangs. I looked at the other ones, and this one was probably the easiest to install, and easiest to empty. The ford racing one needs to unscrew to empty, and I don't really feel like dropping screws into the abyss known as the engine bay.

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
I've heard good things about both Bob's and UPR. I believe they are both more expensive than the JLT though, plenty of people run the JLT and seem to like it.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard good things about both Bob's and UPR. I believe they are both more expensive than the JLT though, plenty of people run the JLT and seem to like it.
The standard Bob's one is $150.

Sponsored

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ultimately, they do the same thing. I've seen people on other forums make their own. It more so comes down to aesthetics imo. The only thing I don't like about the JLT is how it just kind of hangs there, but my last mustang had one for 2 years and it held up perfectly.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Had a jlt when I was Na. Went with upr when I installed the Whipple.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Ultimately, they do the same thing. I've seen people on other forums make their own. It more so comes down to aesthetics imo. The only thing I don't like about the JLT is how it just kind of hangs there, but my last mustang had one for 2 years and it held up perfectly.
Yeah I think that's why most people said when they switched over, they preferred the look of the other cans and didn't mind shelling out the extra $$ for one of the other two.

I have heard a few people say that Bob's does catch some more oil compared to the JLT, but not enough to justify making a change if you already have the JLT.

Sponsored

HDSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I ordered the Ford Performance but to my chagrin it does not fit in the space. I have a Mishimoto coolant tank and a K & N cold air. Both present a problem in the fitment of the Ford Performance part. I'm now looking at my second best choice. LMR charged me $15 to return the part and said they had no knowledge of it not fitting with other after market parts.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So apparently oil separators are illegal in california... lmao. Guess my car isn't street legal anymore. I hate living here.

Of course the Ford Performance one is fine, though. Just another heads up for you guys, even though we shouldn't be smogging these cars anytime soon.

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
I went with the Mashimoto and I regret it. I have to disconnect both hoses and then remove the can from the bracket and empty it on the bench. There is zero room to get in there and unscrew it while it is in the car. And my hands are about the size of a tic tac, so....

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mishimoto-oilseparator-red-1516gt.html

It catches a shit ton, but it's just a nightmare to maintain.
Sponsored