Sponsored

Roush AB Rattle

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
I have the roush axle-backs for the v6 and the problem I recently developed was everytime the rpm dropped and went past 2k it would make this metallic rattle noise then go away. Example: in any gear coming to a stop sign when I engine break and the rpm is dropping, everything's fine until it hits 2k there's a quick metallic rattle then goes away. Now I notice the rattle during a cold morning winter start when it's at 1500 or 1200 rpm. The reason I harp on the rpm is that everytime I hear this noise it's always at the same rpm which I'm guessing has something to do with pressure going threw the pipes. It was bought and installed in June and have had this problem for 2 months now.

That's my problem and my question I guess is did one of the roush abs break? Could a welding came loose? Does this sound familiar to anyone. I'm not made of money so I'd rather not have a shop look at it and charge me and say they have no idea. Thanks

Quick clips to show you the rattle, did it in the garage so you can hear it but can be a lil distorted. The rattle is in the last few seconds.

Sponsored

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I had the same sound and it wound up being a clamp that needed to be rotated and tighten a bit more

OP
OP
ChiTownStang26

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the same sound and it wound up being a clamp that needed to be rotated and tighten a bit more
Thanks for the input, I had a shop weld them instead so maybe there's a hole

OP
OP
ChiTownStang26

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Checked the welding it's fine, no holes, I think it's defective..

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Please give us a call and speak with Chris or Gavin in the warranty/tech dept. They will be able to help figure out whats causing your issue and can get you a replacement muffler if determined that is the issue.

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChiTownStang26

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I forgot to update.. I did contact you guys last week and I got to say what great customer service roush has. They overnighted a replacement muffler, threw on the new one and it was fixed! That annoying rattle is gone. I sent roush back the defective one with postage and box they provided, it couldn't have went smoother. I'm definitely a roush guy for life now. Thanks everyone for all your help

ROUSHCHARGEDS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roushcharged GTPP
I have this same problem myself during cold start up looks like I will be calling ROUSH glad to hear they'll look into it.. sounds like the baffles are coming loose in the muffler
Sponsored