Sponsored

Ford Performance By Borla Cat-Back Exhaust

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
While I do agree with you virtually 100% of the time you post, I would disagree a bit. While on the surface there is a "good margin" when you order 3 systems, when one considers the size and weight of the system, there is the added expense of shipping costs that will substantially eat into said margin. My theory on why the pricing is relatively the same across the board out there is due primarily to dealers drop shipping the kit directly from FP, as opposed to ordering 3 kits, stocking them, and then shipping them from the dealer to the customer. These are rather large kits from what I understand, possibly too large for fedex/ups.. and would require truck freight.
The packaging was redone such that the Borla system from Ford Racing could be shipped via UPS, FedEx, etc, and no longer has to be shipped via freight. Huge savings. And commercial rates are a fraction of what the typical consumer would pay as well. Trust me, there is plenty of margin left over.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmm. Can we not buy of these band it clamps for the other heat shields? I dont know how to weld so therr is no way for me to weld them. What is your suggestion for this?

Also any other pointers about the installation? Anything else to watch out for/be aware?
You could probably save time by asking Borla if you could get the clamps through them. Might not be the least expensive route however.

If you can't weld I guess clamping would be the only way.

The biggest thing to be aware of is the interface between the actuator motors and the slot/shaft on the valve itself. IIRC, it should be closed when installing the valve. You may have to slip a very thin screwdriver in between the two before tightening them up so as to get the spring to seat in the valve. It should easily seat on one side of a given valve but you may have to rotate it a little to get it to seat on both sides. I'll look for some photos when I have the chance that should better illustrate what I'm trying to say.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
The packaging was redone such that the Borla system from Ford Racing could be shipped via UPS, FedEx, etc, and no longer has to be shipped via freight. Huge savings. And commercial rates are a fraction of what the typical consumer would pay as well. Trust me, there is plenty of margin left over.
I'm glad to hear it can be shipped that way. That is good news!:cheers::ford:

i should say, at the 2200 price point you are correct....the number that has been tossed around for a group buy is much much tighter.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All I can say is that I'm aware of the schedule in terms of pricing. When my guy told me what he can make on his end, including when he got an order of three or more systems, my jaw dropped.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Hmm. Can we not buy of these band it clamps for the other heat shields? I dont know how to weld so therr is no way for me to weld them. What is your suggestion for this?

Also any other pointers about the installation? Anything else to watch out for/be aware?
After the fact I found that most autopart stores cary them and are located i the specialty or performance section. I ended leaving the shields of with no noticable difference in heat

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Aren't the heat shields often meant to protect parts, not just keep the heat off you?

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Can Ephipany or someone else who installed the exhaust shed some light on the clamps and heatshields?

How are the existing clamps removed? Do you cut them if yes with what?

Also as I understand it the big heatshield is attached using 4 supplied clamps but the two other small ones are left out? Does that mean they are not necessary?

OR

The big heatshield is not necessary due to lack of resonator since resonators had it for collecting too much heat so we use the 4 clamps to attach the two smaller heat shields?