papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
This is a standard ELM327 OBD2 interface. It should create a COM port and searching for a driver. I have one like that (but I'll using an Obdlink MX with Forscan - don't want to take any risks) so you can try the drivers I got with it.

[MENTION=22579]TexasRebel[/MENTION]: This is not true. Ebay is a giant marketplace and like all other places, you can find good deals and bad deals. You need of course some attention, but if you don't feel comfortable buying online, you can simply walk in a phisical shop and pay 10x the price you find online.
Sponsored

Attachments

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
This is a standard ELM327 OBD2 interface. It should create a COM port and searching for a driver. I have one like that (but I'll using an Obdlink MX with Forscan - don't want to take any risks) so you can try the drivers I got with it.

[MENTION=22579]TexasRebel[/MENTION]: This is not true. Ebay is a giant marketplace and like all other places, you can find good deals and bad deals. You need of course some attention, but if you don't feel comfortable buying online, you can simply walk in a phisical shop and pay 10x the price you find online.
Thank you VERY much! I thought I was going to need the drivers, still may. I just plugged it up for the first time and once I plugged the interface in the OBDII port with the power on engine off, it loaded some driver automatically. After it finished I hit connect in FORScan and it seems to be working. At one point it even asked me to flip the HS/MS switch.

I have to get activated on the forum and apply for the extended license before I find out for sure if it works I guess but so far it looks fine. It went through and scanned for DTCs and it looks like all modules were supported. I'm not familiar with FORScan yet so I'm not really sure how to tell the extent of the adapter's operation.

For anyone that cares, it looks like that $16 (shipped) eBay ELM327 adapter is working on Windows 10. In the list of modules, I think I counted 26.

Last edited:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
That second paragraph that you wrote is perfect... just if there is already a 2 there... don't make it a 4 thinking it is not enabled and you want to enable it again. As a 4 isn't that option/setting for the fake engine sound.
Dan,

I think I'm all setup with FORScan finally and just looked at the values. I wanted to confirm if I understand correctly. My goal was to turn the sound symposer back on after the Ford Performance tune disabled it. The values you gave were to turn it off I believe.

The current value for 727-01-01 is 1050 FA00 4CE

It sounded like you were saying A would be to enable it and 8 would be to disable it correct? So in that case, it must be enabled still in the ACM and disabled somewhere else and I can't enable it in the ACM? If so, is there another place I can enable it?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Don't ever use ebay. There's a reason things are cheap. They don't work, and by the time you figure that out the company is either gone or a return is the same price as the "product"... and they've made their money. Their account gets shut down, but they just open another. They pay people to give them good reviews, and do it all over again.
You know most vendors on this site are also on eBay, right? I guess you have the same attitude towards Amazon since it's even easier to open a storefront and dissapear there...

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
You know most vendors on this site are also on eBay, right? I guess you have the same attitude towards Amazon since it's even easier to open a storefront and dissapear there...
yep, but the vendors aren't exclusively on ebay, and their addresses don't generally turn up a Stor-Mor locker unit.

On Amazon only buy things where the seller is listed as the manufacturer or "Amazon.com". If the manufacturer sells directly, that's usually a better bet anyway. The best part is, with many credit cards, you can buy something at a brick & mortar store, then send the CC company a verifiable ad for the lower price, and they'll match it. I often do this with electronics I'm in a hurry for... Find the best price (usually the manufacturer's website) and purchase at Best Buy or Wal-Mart, then send the Mfg. price to the CC I used referencing the transaction.

Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
If anyone would like to purchase a MyColor cluster to swap in to gain MyColor functionality holler. I posted a brand new take out in the classifieds.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Dan,

I think I'm all setup with FORScan finally and just looked at the values. I wanted to confirm if I understand correctly. My goal was to turn the sound symposer back on after the Ford Performance tune disabled it. The values you gave were to turn it off I believe.

The current value for 727-01-01 is 1050 FA00 4CE

It sounded like you were saying A would be to enable it and 8 would be to disable it correct? So in that case, it must be enabled still in the ACM and disabled somewhere else and I can't enable it in the ACM? If so, is there another place I can enable it?
Interesting find...I had heard some people say that modifying the as-built for the symposer didn't seem to work properly, and maybe this would prove it.

Unfortunately, since you are running a tune most of us don't have experience with, the only way to find out for sure would have been to save a copy of your as-built file prior to tune installation, and then again after the tune was installed. Then you would be able to compare the two files and find out what the differences are.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Interesting find...I had heard some people say that modifying the as-built for the symposer didn't seem to work properly, and maybe this would prove it.

Unfortunately, since you are running a tune most of us don't have experience with, the only way to find out for sure would have been to save a copy of your as-built file prior to tune installation, and then again after the tune was installed. Then you would be able to compare the two files and find out what the differences are.
Sadly I think you're right and I wish that I would have been able to get FORScan working a long time ago. I tried forever to get it to work with my Kiwi3 adapter, another USB adapter I had and then even the USB adapter that came to load the Ford tune, none would work.

What if we just got someone that has an Ecoboost Premium with PP 201a to check that line? Well that's kind of selfish because it would benefit me. We could also get someone getting ready to get the Ford Performance tune on the Ecoboost to do a before and after compare. Although when I tried to use the program to compare the AsBuilt data, it only listed about 1/4-1/3 of the parameters.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
As-Built Compare

Anyone use the As-Built Compare program from Compulsivecode that could help me out?

I'm trying to compare As-Built files and not really sure what I'm looking at/for. I started by loading a .abt file from before I made a couple changes and a .abt file after I made the changes. Looking in the "Compare As-Built" tab, only modules 727 and 7D0 show up. I thought I would be able to see the changes I made but under the column "Same?", everything says "Yes". I'm not sure what I should see.

Then I tried loading the downloaded As-Built .ab file for my VIN and comparing it to the modified file. Now it shows 23 modules but still everything says "Yes" in the "Same" column. How do I look for differences?

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Played a bit today with the Forscan software and I have a problem to activate this feature :

Simultaneous High Beams and Fog Lights location

Code: 726-27-01: 0100 0001 0058 (Disabled)
Change to: 726-27-01: 0100 0000 0057 (Enabled)

Each time I change the code to this : 726-27-01: 0100 0000 0057, when I click on 'write', I have this in the area : 726-27-01: 0100 0000 0056 and it doesn't work.

Any idea guys ?

Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
It probably needs some type of antenna that we don't have..

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
But we are 'detected' only very close to the car - this says "when you are at about 8 feet (2,50m) lights will turn on"

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But we are 'detected' only very close to the car - this says "when you are at about 8 feet (2,50m) lights will turn on"
:doh:

Didn't saw this information... So well, this for sure will not work on our cars :(
Sponsored