SNAP or CLICK heard toward front of car when moderately accelerating

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I went to my local muffler shop in an attempt to get my system welded up (everything is clamped right now) - expressed to him that I hear this sound, and although he didn't road test it to hear it he shook the exhaust by the cats and claimed to have heard some rattling and informed me that it's possible the cats are eating themselves.

What's the likelihood that the sound I can replicate at an exact RPM is related to that? 25k catalytic converter failure seems odd to me.
Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I went to my local muffler shop in an attempt to get my system welded up (everything is clamped right now) - expressed to him that I hear this sound, and although he didn't road test it to hear it he shook the exhaust by the cats and claimed to have heard some rattling and informed me that it's possible the cats are eating themselves.

What's the likelihood that the sound I can replicate at an exact RPM is related to that? 25k catalytic converter failure seems odd to me.
The best way to replicate this would be to get the car in the air, put it in gear and have someone listen under the car and see where the sound is coming from.

Anyone with aftermarket headers with this issue?