Sponsored

Solo street race xv vs corsa extreme

Sim.S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Performance Pack | 20
Hey guys I'm going to be purchasing an exhaust soon. Can't decide if the corsa is worth the premium.. especially after USA to CAD conversion rates. So considering the solo street race. Would love some opinions thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Silver550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
15" Silver Premium PP
I would suggest that you pick the type of exhaust sound that you like first. For example a system that has an H pipe has a deeper tone and a system with an X pipe has a higher tone. The Corsa extreme's have a double X mid pipe and are loud and have an exotic tone to them. The closest system that I have heard to the extreme's are the Borla ATAK's with a single X pipe.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
In overall loudness the corsa extreme and solo street race are going to be neck and neck. The corsa has a higher pitched almost exotic sound to it while the solo street race has a deeper more "old school" rumble. Both exhausts sound fantastic and it truly comes down to personal preference.

For me, I had never heard the street race in person and at the time of my purchase not many people here were not running solo products so I have them a shot. I jumped on their group sale pricing and never looked back.

My car with the street race sounds brutal on a cold start, it's something that typical camera/video systems can't capture just like many other exhausts. Once the rpms drop it has a noticeable burble to it that sounds very old school. Under normal driving you can keep the car somewhat quiet but anything above 3k or 1/4 throttle and your turning heads from quite a distance. WOT will wake the dead in the next county.

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
In reference to sound and nothing else, I'd choose the Solo. Their exhausts have a deep tone, not the high pitched like the Corsa. Also they are much cheaper.
That said, in terms of materials I'd go with the Corsa. 304 SS and nice welds. What keeps me away from Solo is the 409SS. Why they don't use 304 is beyond me. To me if I'm going to spend money on a catback for an expensive car, why not go for the best material the first time?
Also if you plan to go with 3 inch headers in the future, go with Corsa. They come with adapters that attach to the stock manifolds. Then when you go full 3 inch just remove the adapters. The Solo necks down at the stock connection. So if you want full 3 inch you'll have to cut and weld.

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Corsa...The sound is honestly just unreal.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Bothe aRe great setups. We cam help with either. Solo pricing is the same price anywhere. And we have some corsa sales going too. Let me know if we can help

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
can anyone who has heard both chime in on how they compare in terms of volume? I'd assume the solo is louder but I'm not sure...

the good thing about corsa is they have the option of going quad tip in the future and also the better materials used

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
What keeps me away from Solo is the 409SS. Why they don't use 304 is beyond me.
Probably the same reason why almost all exhaust manufacturers choose 409SS for piping, except Corsa and some other exotics... Price!

304SS piping would double the price and the only gain is really the shiny polished look (which most Mustang owner do not care anyway, it's under the car after all). For longevity, durability, etc.. there is no real difference, both material will last longer than the car (taking out extremes).

Most people won't cash out extra 1000$ for the look of the exhaust piping.. The ones do, buy the Corsa...

BTW, the muffler, tips, etc.. are 304SS for the Solo, too... The piping is 409SS...

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
can anyone who has heard both chime in on how they compare in terms of volume? I'd assume the solo is louder but I'm not sure...

the good thing about corsa is they have the option of going quad tip in the future and also the better materials used
I've heard both in person, and the Solo Street Race XV is definitely louder.

Sponsored

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
In overall loudness the corsa extreme and solo street race are going to be neck and neck. The corsa has a higher pitched almost exotic sound to it while the solo street race has a deeper more "old school" rumble. Both exhausts sound fantastic and it truly comes down to personal preference.

For me, I had never heard the street race in person and at the time of my purchase not many people here were not running solo products so I have them a shot. I jumped on their group sale pricing and never looked back.

My car with the street race sounds brutal on a cold start, it's something that typical camera/video systems can't capture just like many other exhausts. Once the rpms drop it has a noticeable burble to it that sounds very old school. Under normal driving you can keep the car somewhat quiet but anything above 3k or 1/4 throttle and your turning heads from quite a distance. WOT will wake the dead in the next county.
Got any videos? How would you compare to corsa or borla?

Also, do you how long the x-pipe is? 2 foot or 3 foot I'm assuming?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The Solo Street Race is just basically an X pipe and some piping... it's loud as fuuuuuu.

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
Got any videos? How would you compare to corsa or borla?
I don't think Borla has any offering in this category, their loudest one is the Attak, compared to the Solo Mach Thunder loudness wise. The Solo Street Race is effectively a straight pipe, no muffler (x-pipe and J-pipes to eliminate the drone only)

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I've heard both in person, and the Solo Street Race XV is definitely louder.
haha thought so... probably gonna piss off my neighbors everyday...

may consider the thunder since thats more on the corsa extreme level