Sponsored

Trunk hitting bumper when closes

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Sorry if this has been covered before - just can't find in forums.

Discovered that my trunk hits the bumper every time its closed. Has damaged the bumper (see picture below).

Assume this is a known issue. The bumper will need repainting, but if it's a case of just adjusting the catch to fix, I wouldn't mind doing this to stop further damage.

Any help?

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Try a mild polish see if you can remove the damage.
Also screw out the bumper adjuster on the lid to keep it from dropping too low touching the bumper when you close it.
Lastly, stop slamming it if you do.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Try a mild polish see if you can remove the damage.
Also screw out the bumper adjuster on the lid to keep it from dropping too low touching the bumper when you close it.
Lastly, stop slamming it if you do.
Thanks, but its well beyond a polish.

Bumper adjusters aren't the issue. It needs to drop far enough down to catch the latch regardless. Unfortunately, this is also well into the bumper!

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
Best bet is to get a clear bra decklid piece and apply. That's what I'm doing when I figure out where I can get one...

Sponsored

ohbuckeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Best bet is to get a clear bra decklid piece and apply. That's what I'm doing when I figure out where I can get one...

Ancor room sells this trunk bra part. Bought it the other day for $20 shipped or so.

Kiwimatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT
Monty, did you get this fixed in the end? Mines got this now, not as bad but did ford do it on warranty?

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Monty, did you get this fixed in the end? Mines got this now, not as bad but did ford do it on warranty?
As a heads up, I brought my car in to the dealer for it doing this and also hitting the tail lights. They're re-painting it under warranty. However, after the repaint, the tech noticed that it was still hitting the other parts (no shit sherlock). So now, they're re-shaping the trunk to fix it.

HrDrift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yea i have this problem too, i just ignored it but now i might look into fixing it myself now.
Sponsored