Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I would say 15 to 20 HP but keeping in mind that any future modifications would require a re-tune that would render the PP2 tune useless. Ford performance doesn't do custom tunes, correct me if I am wrong but they base their tunes off STOCK configuration.
The calibration files are NOT based off of stock. When you flash your PCM you're basically flashing a new OS. Of course some of the values will stay the same, the MAF section of the file is identical to a GT350 for example. What they do chnage works and is legal, and although I'm beating a dead horse the ability to make small changes with HP Tuners is going to make these calibrations useful for more people in the future.

Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
What would you recommend for an automatic? Are the extra $$ for the PP2 worth it or would I be ok with just the PP1? I am mostly looking for an increase in low end torque. Also, is anybody worried to limit their powertrain warranty from 5 years to 3 years?

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
What would you recommend for an automatic? Are the extra $$ for the PP2 worth it or would I be ok with just the PP1? I am mostly looking for an increase in low end torque. Also, is anybody worried to limit their powertrain warranty from 5 years to 3 years?
now lets get somethin straight..

you powerterrain warranty doe snot change period. The terms are confusing. The warranty document only talks abt parts warranty to remaining timline and nothing about powerterrain.

My dealer clearly said , the powerterrain remains same.

now yes pp2 is worth it

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I did the PP2 install on my friends AT car and He loved it! It definitely woke his car up. The gains are mostly in the mid range.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Thanks for your responses! I ran a Bama tune on my previous 2011 V6 and while the performance tune was ok, the performance tune made the car/trans jolt quite a bit. While I am aware that shift points firm up, does it get jolty or does the trans still shift smoothly?

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
now lets get somethin straight..

you powerterrain warranty doe snot change period. The terms are confusing. The warranty document only talks abt parts warranty to remaining timline and nothing about powerterrain.

My dealer clearly said , the powerterrain remains same.

now yes pp2 is worth it
I asked this question direct to Ford Performance last year, and they also confirmed that installation through a dealer or ASE tech will not affect your powertrain warranty, and the 36 months are applicable to the new parts they install.

Sponsored

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
1st through 3rd is way better. It should have come out of the factory like this. Such a better drive in my opinion
Agree with this. Much crisper and aggressive.

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
Thanks for your responses! I ran a Bama tune on my previous 2011 V6 and while the performance tune was ok, the performance tune made the car/trans jolt quite a bit. While I am aware that shift points firm up, does it get jolty or does the trans still shift smoothly?
If anything it shifts even smoother! I used to get a downshift thump around 30 mph once in a while, but I haven't noticed it since the PP2 install.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Checked my new tire "rev per mile" setting against a GPS - it's spot on now, whereas before adjustment, the GPS would read higher than what I set cruise to.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Do these tunes mess with the torque management at all? Having trouble launching the car I think the stock tune is causing it to bog down bad. Even with advance Track off. The best 60ft I could get was a 2.0 by dumping the clutch at 3k, riding the clutch only resulted in horrible bog 2.1/2.3 60fts.