Sponsored

Test drove a GT today. Newb impressions.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I got my MF from Beefcake.

As far as the wife riding in the car, she hates it. Not the exhaust, but she just loves sitting up high in her Honda Pilot. For a skinny assed little woman, she sure doesn't like climbing down into the Mustang.

I still have my stock exhaust. Might look into swapping back out and selling my MF for the Corsa. Of course I want to hear one first.
Millhouse, I was making weekly trips to Simpsonville up until last Thursday when I sold Mom's house up there. I could have looked you up and taken a ride.
Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1

As far as the wife riding in the car, she hates it. Not the exhaust, but she just loves sitting up high in her Honda Pilot. For a skinny assed little woman, she sure doesn't like climbing down into the Mustang.

I still have my stock exhaust. Might look into swapping back out and selling my MF for the Corsa. Of course I want to hear one first.
Millhouse, I was making weekly trips to Simpsonville up until last Thursday when I sold Mom's house up there. I could have looked you up and taken a ride.
I ordered a Corsa Sport Catback yesterday from jayman33 (hypermotive.com) here on the forum and he made me a very fair deal. For weeks I've listened to sound clips of exhausts and couldn't make up my damn mind. I previously had a MF Street axle back on my 2011 V6 auto and good lord, the drone was terrible. I thought with my 2016 GT auto, I'll get it right from the beginning and the Corsa seemed to like the best option out there.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

If you're up this way, I'll be more than happy to give you a spin. It's difficult to judge based off of youtube videos, that's for sure. Hell, it might be worth the trip before you make a commitment.

merc123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 PP Premium GT
I went with Roush axlebacks only. I got them used and much cheaper than new. They have a nice deeper tone at idle but scream at wide open. They are loud from what people tell me outside the car. It doesn't sound all that loud inside even with the windows down. No drone and on the highway you can barely tell they are there with the windows up. I went used because if I hate them I wasn't out much and can resell them. I also started with A/B's because you can always start removing resonators/mid pipes if you want louder. I wanted to do it in stages. Muffler deletes aren't bad and actually quieter at idle than the Roush. When you get on them though they are a tad louder but not much.

I haven't had issues with the shifter at redline shifts but I'm also not doing any crazy fast shifting. For me it feels like a really long throw so I'd like to get a MGW or something later down the road.

Hated the Recaros when I saw in a GT350. I'm not muscle, I'm just fat. The side bolsters were uncomfortable. Great if you're in a race car, not so much for a daily. I read some reviews where people said they felt like they had to reach out and around the bolsters to shift comfortably. I like my stock leather seats with A/C. They hold me just fine and not uncomfortable to sit in like the recaros, although they are tighter fitting than my old GT.

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
I'm down the road from you in Goose Creek and make it up to Columbia at least once a month. I would like to hear your MF and perhaps buy it from you so you can upgrade. I'll PM you the next time I know I'll be in Columbia.

Sponsored

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
I'm down the road from you in Goose Creek and make it up to Columbia at least once a month. I would like to hear your MF and perhaps buy it from you so you can upgrade. I'll PM you the next time I know I'll be in Columbia.
I'm moving to Mt. Pleasant in August. We should get a group meet going somewhere!

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
......Manual tranny (of course) was fine. I don't know why all the complaints...I never missed a gear, full throttle shifting was fine, rev matching effortless and just a few minor detectable driveline thuds moving slowly at a light.
Throws were short, smooth and not a problem. If the updated tranny improves this current tranny, great! .....

I actually have zero complaints concerning the MT-82. The shifts always feel firm and precise for me (2016 GT/PP).

Swayse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt auto
Yeah, I think my mustang has the best shifting transmission that I've owned. It shifts great, even with my GT350 manifold and headers spinning to 7,800 rpm, no lock outs, ever.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
I've had mine for a week and a half and am actually blown away buy how much I love this GT non perf pkg!

The sound is perfect - not too loud, nice growl.

The ride is supple and smooth. My buddy said it was like glass on the highway.

The power when I pushd 3/4 throttle? Insane IMO! It's still in break-in period but this car kicks a$$. No desire for FI.

Seriously this car and the Camaro are great driving machines. I have to admit I liked the Camaro 2SS drive a bit more but the visibility issues (yes you get used to it after 20 mins but still you're in a cave peering out) and the minuscule back seat and unusable trunk eliminated it from contention.

Anyhow IF I do anything it will be the strut tower brace and I think some Steeda back suspension reinforcement

Great car!

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I'm only 5'8" 160lbs. I HATE RECAROS. I really enjoy having comfy leather seats with premier leather option. I don't see how bigger guys can fit in it.
I also enjoy the quiet exhaust. It's still loud enough for people to turn their heads and look, when I am rev matching to slow down and take a turn.
Only complaint my wife gives about the car is that it is low, and the doors are heavy.
Sponsored