Ford techs joy riding my car...

lwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th
The dealer did not tolerate it. Employees in question were fired.

While the 'dealer' can lay down rules about how to treat a car in for service, they can hardly control what an employee actually does in said car.
Right. I have been a dealership service manager for 22 years. I can't ride with my guys when they leave the shop. However, I have strictly enforced rules. If anything like that were to happen, and I confirm it, the tech can roll his toolbox out that day. There is a reason the boxes have wheels on them!
Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
A lot of dash cams wire into the fuse panel and run of the car battery. If you pick a fuse that only has power when the car is running, there you go.

Here is what I went with:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20968
Thanks for posting the link. That's the exact camera I'm considering buying for mine. Reading this thread made buying a dashcam an easy decision for me.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I've got mine connected to the back of the mirror with some Invisicord leads (google it) and a 12v to 5v converter box (on Amazon). Somewhere on here are the location of the proper pins on the back of the mirror to connect to for car-on power and ground.

Sponsored

ydoucare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
I've got mine connected to the back of the mirror with some Invisicord leads (google it) and a 12v to 5v converter box (on Amazon). Somewhere on here are the location of the proper pins on the back of the mirror to connect to for car-on power and ground.
That's how I have mine connected as well, though I made my own wires for tapping into the connector. Works great.

o6mx43.png

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Honestly what is with this country in being so sue happy? While I don't agree with the treatment of OPs car I don't think it has to escalate to lawyers right away. If it were me I'd work with the dealer first and if that went nowhere I'd look to legal counsel. This video along with a scathing review of the dealer should be enough to encourage them to work this out with OP.
Clearly you have not dealt with a dealer lately.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Clearly you have not dealt with a dealer lately.
Clearly, you have not read this thread in its entirety. As OP did simply talk with the dealer instead of 'lawyering up' and got things resolved to, it appears, his satisfaction.

Drakoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Sounds like the dealer took the correct action and are taking steps to maintain the relationship with their customer. I would be happy with way they handled it if this was me.
Sponsored