Stock Mustang GT Threw a rod....

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
tell the dealer that this is unacceptable.

use your voice, and ask for this problem to be fixed. asked to be made whole, especially if you did not tune your car, or mod it.

ask to be made whole, that what a warranty is supposed to provide.
Exactly what I am going to do tomorrow I was basically forced to drive the car to work cause they took the loaner when I got the car and even on the highway I get the car flashing the engine light and going into limp mode. One thing that is worrying me is that when I turn the car back on after it was misfiring I get like a grinding noise when I restart the engine...
Sponsored

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Was the car new or used when you got it? Sounds like a used one that someone half-assed threw back together before trading it in.
The car was actually brand new after the repair the engine bay looked like some guy bought the car as a project to bond with his stepson.:(

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I have never heard anything about a GT throwing a rod only oil pump gears but I was completely stock and most issues of reliability occurred with forced induction but even then the coyote motor has a very high tolerance for power.
I highly doubt that your failure was because of lack of strength on the parts. It was either an error during assembly that finally reared its ugly head, or most likely something relatively minor failed (like an injector) which caused a catastrophic failure.

If said injector got stuck open, it would have flooded the cylinder with fuel thus hydro-locking the engine and throwing the rod through the block. If it was a high RPM high load failure I would say it was caused lack of strength...but a failure like that at low RPM low load is most likely hydro-locking or something else failing not the actual part that went through the block.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Stuff happens, I'm sure if it's under warranty it won't be a problem. More importantly, did you make through the gates of your community before the car died? I'd hate to think about you stranded on the road outside the gates and among the heathens!:lol:
I must admit, the same thought crossed my mind. ;)

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Alright, guys, this will probably be my last update with this car. To be clear I loved my 2016 GT Mustang. But it has gotten to a point where I honestly do not want anything to do with this car anymore I am very disappointed. So as for the update, the car has had nothing but issues when the motor was replaced from broken coil packs to loose miscellaneous hose clamps. But the most annoying thing that is still happening is that the car will not stop misfiring. I picked up the car after the motor swap was performed and had it for 1 day just to find out that the car kept going into limp mode. At first, i was let down but I believed it was a minor mistake and allowed them the opportunity to correct it due to the fact that a very major repair was just performed. I dropped the car off again after only having it for a day and left if again for 2 days for them to solve the issue. I received a call they told me it is fixed and that I could come to pick it up. Please keep in mind that this dealership is 45 minutes from my house each way so it is not such a great drive. The dealership was nice enough to give me a loaner but I had to bring the car back on full as you do with most rentals. So I come to pick up my car and on my way home with it what do you know it starts misfiring again going into limp mode and flashing the engine light. So I turn back and show them that the issue is indeed not fixed and they put me back in my loaner and send me home with no car. AGAIN. So this is the second time for the same issue. So I leave it again for two days and get the call that they say that I had bad spark plugs and that's the reason why. It made sense to me in my head but only me driving it would reassure that the issue is fixed. I come out again for another 45min drive and go pick it up I start driving home and what do you know another check engine light with misfires. This is the third time that this issue has happened within a week. I have been without my car since June 12th and am now going to use lemon law to get rid of it. I just wanted to hear some of your opinions as to what I should do.

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Well if they can't fix it, send it back for sure.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I can't blame you for being very frustrated. I'd be too. I could see getting rid of the car and start all over again. Depends on how much of a Ford guy you are whether you can chance another Mustang. Chances are your new replacement Mustang will be issue free. Good luck. :thumbsup:

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Holy sh*t man, you just can't win. Did those guys take it out and drive it for a while after they "fixed it" each time? I mean d*mn, you aren't even half way home and it's acting up again. This sounds kinda strange.

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
How many times have you taken your car in for power train issues? Check your lemon laws and aggressively try to go that route. I think you qualify, in my state you have to be within first year of ownership and have taken it in 3 times for mechanical issues. You really need to be documenting everything and meeting with a lemon law attorney. If you don't qualify for lemon yet, make Ford give you a 100k or 120k power train warranty. They will fight you and tell you it doesn't exist but it does. Do not accept anything else, because whatever you accept is "permanent"

Was is cylinder 8? What all did Ford replace?

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I'm going to try and get into another one but the price has to be right I paid alot of money for something that was in the shop basically once a month. In regards to the question about how many times the car has been in the shop for power train issues the answer is 5. 1.) Blown Motor 2.) misfire 3.) misfire 4.) misfire 5.) *current* misfire. As a honest question guys wouldn't you want to start fresh if a car that's not even a year old blew its motor? Like you know it can be fixed but you just can't look at the car the same.

I will be meeting with an attorney Monday and will be contacting ford customer care.

And lastly I over qualify for lemon law. In my state the issue has to happen 3 times in my case it has happened technically 5x and the car has been in the shop for more than 15 days.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm going to try and get into another one but the price has to be right I paid alot of money for something that was in the shop basically once a month.
I would think hard about buying another if that dealer is your only choice for service. Based on all your posts, that is one VERY bad dealer. If you have even small problems with a new Mustang, that dealer is likely to have it spiral out of control.

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I would think hard about buying another if that dealer is your only choice for service. Based on all your posts, that is one VERY bad dealer. If you have even small problems with a new Mustang, that dealer is likely to have it spiral out of control.
This dealer is not my only option for service it was my choice to have the repairs take place because it was where I purchased the car and since this was a major issue just to be safe I took it to them.

Stang Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 301A
I'm going to try and get into another one but the price has to be right I paid alot of money for something that was in the shop basically once a month. In regards to the question about how many times the car has been in the shop for power train issues the answer is 5. 1.) Blown Motor 2.) misfire 3.) misfire 4.) misfire 5.) *current* misfire. As a honest question guys wouldn't you want to start fresh if a car that's not even a year old blew its motor? Like you know it can be fixed but you just can't look at the car the same.

I will be meeting with an attorney Monday and will be contacting ford customer care.

And lastly I over qualify for lemon law. In my state the issue has to happen 3 times in my case it has happened technically 5x and the car has been in the shop for more than 15 days.
Call Ford RAVP Dept 1800-367-3050 with your info they will take good care of you and probability put you in a new Mustang. It may take a few months but it sounds like you qualify! :thumbsup: I went through it :clap2:Lost engine at 2K miles
20170310_150947.jpg

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Alright, i really need some help. I have already contacted Ford customer care about this issue with my vehicle and they said they would be conducting a "Good Faith Review" of my vehicles service history to see if it qualified for a replacement. However, he said that he could not tell me what qualified my vehicle my vehicle for a replacement due to some legal constraint which sounds absolutely ludicrous. So let them do this so called review for my vehicle for 3-4 days and I get a call from Ford Customer Care saying that my car doesn't qualify for a replacement? Are they aware of the Florida Lemon Laws? Where do I go from here? I have the car in my possession right now, however, there are still issues with it and I am honestly fed up with driving something I constantly have to bring into the shop. What should I do now?

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This dealer is not my only option for service it was my choice to have the repairs take place because it was where I purchased the car and since this was a major issue just to be safe I took it to them.
why don't you just take it to a local dealership? The far away dealership didn't get it right the first time, so you might as well see if local dealership can get it right.
Sponsored