Sponsored

Ditching Procharger... Paxton 2200 or VMP GEN 2

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I think you have a compressor issue, i'd send oi t the head unit back to pro charger, i bet they find something��!
Yea but he said he had issues from the start,could be compressor but alot of other things i would check first.
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Sounds like this has been a long term struggle.

For what its worth, if it was my car I'd take all the boost hoses off, and then re-install meticulously to ensure zero chance of boost leakage. A visual inspection may leave you thinking 'looks fine' but that doesn't mean you don't have a leak that only presents itself when the charge pipes are under pressure.

There are not that many components to the PC set up. The P1SC headunit is a tried and tested workhorse, so I doubt that is the culprit.

As far as hardware issues go:

-Boost leakage due to bad clamp/pipe not seated properly (Sneaky hoses on the intercooler connections would be a tough one to spot, so I'd want front bumper off and everything checked)

-Belt slip? (Is the belt contact surface healthy and adequately tensioned?)

-Intecooler not holding pressure

Aside from those hardware issues, I'd be tempted to do a compression check to make sure all is healthy with your motor. Again, not to cause a heart attack here, but just to ensure your core motor is all OK. I've heard of a few boosted GT's suffer from big power loss due to a bad cylinder.

Those checks you can do at home (although the intercooler you'd probably need doing by a shop unless you have a test rig you can set up)

Just throwing a few suggestions out there, seems a shame to have your set up not running right for so long.

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What a nightmare to deal with for 2 entire years and I'm sorry you've been troubled by something that's supposed to be a great joy. There comes a point in business where pleasantries go out the window and doors need to be kicked the f*ck down. Where the hell is Procharger at on this forum and how is it cool that they've let this slip through the cracks for over 24 months? 2 years and still no answers??? Bloody hell... I'd be livid actually I am livid for you.

Adaraas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
16 Premium GT, 17 Laramie Cummins
Have you had the car to a dragstrip at all?

We don't race dyno sheets .

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So after countless issues, and dynoing on two seperate dynos only 40-60rwhp above full bolt on GTs, im ditching my setup that I bought when the S550s first came out. Ive gone through almost 10 data logs, locked out IMRCs , and my power is flatlining at 6000 and not gaining any more power. Datalogged a couple weeks ago, and was told it was look spot on in fuel...everything and this is my result. I had put maybe 100 miles on since that data log that I sent over.

P1SC / ID1000s / Longtubes / MMR Lockouts

Just want pros and cons of both. I had a Paxton 2200 on my 3 valve and it put down the same power as my Coyote on a Procharger.
I feel for you. I installed mine in November of last year and have been working on it every since. Seems like I've been data logging and installing new tune revisions every other week since then. Mine did measure 582rwhp, so my power is up there but can't stop worrying about the knock it sees on 91 octane fuel. Sure didn't expect by entering this whole FI thing I'd be forced to dump octane booster in my tank the rest of the cars life. I've thought about uninstalling the thing for months.
my 2016 Procharger Dyno S2S tune.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Oh i dont blame u ,but im sure their are a few guys that would look at it for u on this forum and not charge u.Did u do the install?
I'd be open to anyone looking at my logs, just don't know anyone.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Yea but he said he had issues from the start,could be compressor but alot of other things i would check first.
I had issues from the start with hoses that needed trimming, belt chirping problems, tensioner needing adjustments, inlet hoses collapsing. Until this year I didnt dyno.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Sounds like this has been a long term struggle.

For what its worth, if it was my car I'd take all the boost hoses off, and then re-install meticulously to ensure zero chance of boost leakage. A visual inspection may leave you thinking 'looks fine' but that doesn't mean you don't have a leak that only presents itself when the charge pipes are under pressure.

There are not that many components to the PC set up. The P1SC headunit is a tried and tested workhorse, so I doubt that is the culprit.

As far as hardware issues go:

-Boost leakage due to bad clamp/pipe not seated properly (Sneaky hoses on the intercooler connections would be a tough one to spot, so I'd want front bumper off and everything checked)

-Belt slip? (Is the belt contact surface healthy and adequately tensioned?)

-Intecooler not holding pressure

Aside from those hardware issues, I'd be tempted to do a compression check to make sure all is healthy with your motor. Again, not to cause a heart attack here, but just to ensure your core motor is all OK. I've heard of a few boosted GT's suffer from big power loss due to a bad cylinder.

Those checks you can do at home (although the intercooler you'd probably need doing by a shop unless you have a test rig you can set up)

Just throwing a few suggestions out there, seems a shame to have your set up not running right for so long.

My buddies 900rwhp Procharger setup had a crack in his Procharger intercooler and he caught it. Next week I plan on removing my front end and reviewing everything and giving things one last attempt before this thing comes off my car and I look into other avenues. I appreciate the suggestions though man, im definitely going to look into all of these. My car overall feels fairly strong.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
What a nightmare to deal with for 2 entire years and I'm sorry you've been troubled by something that's supposed to be a great joy. There comes a point in business where pleasantries go out the window and doors need to be kicked the f*ck down. Where the hell is Procharger at on this forum and how is it cool that they've let this slip through the cracks for over 24 months? 2 years and still no answers??? Bloody hell... I'd be livid actually I am livid for you.

To be fair, until a few months ago I didnt know I actually had a problem. Originally though before they revised their inlet hose, they did blame the install, their own race valve positioning, etc. It wasnt a very pleasant experience. Ive pushed a lot of people towards Procharger, and I feel like a dolt now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Where is op?
Gonna be leak, slip or stripped pulley or something.
Someone go look and fix it?

Im located in the Atlanta area. Im going to start documenting things with photos and post up here, maybe someone might see something.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Have you been to the drag strip at all? Having trouble with what's supposed to be a fun(and expensive) purchase sounds like a nightmare

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Once u get the bumper off take some good photo,s and let us see them,another guy made a good point about the dyno,going to the track and just seeing what it does mph would tellmal alot,dont need a blistering run.U can pm a file of the log and i would be glad to see if anything sticks out,but if lund didnt see anything i doubt i would but i would look.Have u ever checked boost with a mechanical guage?

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Once u get the bumper off take some good photo,s and let us see them,another guy made a good point about the dyno,going to the track and just seeing what it does mph would tellmal alot,dont need a blistering run.U can pm a file of the log and i would be glad to see if anything sticks out,but if lund didnt see anything i doubt i would but i would look.Have u ever checked boost with a mechanical guage?
Absolutely, Im going to get a fresh log without touching anything in the next 2-3 days and follow back up here again. Mechanical gauge is reading about 9-10lbs no drop.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Have you been to the drag strip at all? Having trouble with what's supposed to be a fun(and expensive) purchase sounds like a nightmare
Im not much a straight line guy. Ultimately my car eventually will be road raced.
Sponsored