Berstuck

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP M/T Competition Orange
When someone gets the rears let me know. Not ordering fronts till I know rears are really available. Fronts have been available for a few weeks at least, rears when I last asked a week ago no one knew.

I have the BMR lowering springs already.
I wouldn't worry about it. They appear to be in stock and available from European sellers. Either way I'll post up when I get the rears in.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Bilstein makes great dampers, wish I'd have waited just a little longer and I would have gone with these instead of Koni.

OP
OP
Berstuck

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't worry about it. They appear to be in stock and available from European sellers. Either way I'll post up when I get the rears in.
It appears i was full of crap on the rears lol. Bilstein says mid June. Just a heads up to anyone installing the struts the front of my ecoboost PP is around 3/8" higher than stock now. Going to order springs and do it again.

Sponsored

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
It appears i was full of crap on the rears lol. Bilstein says mid June. Just a heads up to anyone installing the struts the front of my ecoboost PP is around 3/8" higher than stock now. Going to order springs and do it again.
Yeah I figured this.... I played the next month, oh did I say that? I meant the month after next game with bilstien and finally giving up and going coilovers.... I hope for your sake this time they really do release the rears in June.:cheers:

OP
OP
Berstuck

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
Not too worried either way, they'll release them eventually. I'm going to place an order for springs tonight or tomorrow. I'll redo the fronts, and install the rear springs. I can drive around like that for a month or 3, or 4, or however long. On my quick test drive to make sure there were no clunks everything felt fine.

OP
OP
Berstuck

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
Here's a pic of the dampers side by side
34of3a9.jpg

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
When did these come out? I would have gotten them. But I agree, wait until you get the springs. Why do the same thing twice?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on what ones goals are, you could use that height increase to your advantage. For example, if you want some of the springs that have 1.0-1.2" drops but don't want to go that low in the front, this would work well in addition to the damping improvements.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah just dropped an order for the BMR SP080. Hoping to install Thursday. Thanks again for your help Brian.
You're quite welcome!

OP
OP
Berstuck

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
Wow this process goes much faster the second time around. Have the car up on jack stands and the struts taken apart. Just waiting on UPS to deliver my springs.....

OP
OP
Berstuck

Berstuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brien
Vehicle(s)
Ok so I'll take pictures after the rear springs go on, probably Sunday. But the drop is just about perfect for a daily driver. The car is not slammed, and there is still some gap between tire and fender. No noise or anything strange feeling so I probably lucked into not screwing anything up.

One thing to note I suppose is that I'm going to have the alignment shop reclock all the bushings next Thursday. I understand the car may settle a little. Either way I'm happy, and I'll post some updates on driving dynamics after I've had this combo on a while.
Sponsored