Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
...Analysis paralysis...

This is the cross I bare with every Fing thing I buy for this car...Doesnt help I live in the world of IT and programmers...

The noticeable staleness of my rpm band above 7k has finally irritated me enough after riding in [MENTION=22932]Doc[/MENTION]tor_fishtail car to do something about it...

I am already set on ordering a stage 1 Fore kit from [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION]. That is going to happen so I can run e85. I have in mind the set up I want all I need to do now is give him a shout.

My dilemma is Boss 302 manifold or Holley Sniper.

Both will get the job done above 7k and both are priced damn near identical. I can most likely pick up a Boss for around 400 so it does end up being quite a bit cheaper actually. I don't care about the hood issue with the 302, not really a big deal to me.

The Holley comes with 8an fuel rails which is a bonus considering the Fore kit will all be 8an. But I will need to cruise around on 93 for a few months so initially not a big deal plus I understand the stockers will be fine with my goal of around 750 at the wheels (remember I'm a6). But the Holley Evap relo seems to be an issue where as the 302 seems to be pretty much plug and play.

Just interested in thoughts on the two [MENTION=15779]z06psi[/MENTION] is the reason I would go Holley, I haven't really seen very many PC/Paxton folks run the 302 on this forum though so I would love to hear from you if you are out there.

All I know is stock has to go, this things sucks up top!!
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Well f I hadn't blown out my tranny on the way to the dyno this weekend I could have shown you how well this might have worked.. I can tell you that the car now pulls as hard and far as your balls will take you.
Victor.jpg

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Why not the GT350 manifold?

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Im sure OP has his reasons...for me it was I wanted to get away from the IMRC's and personal opinion the 350 intake is fugly.
No IMRC's, just don't want to deal with them. Also they are ~1k and I don't see them adding much extra value under boost relative to the extra cost. Agree the 350 is a cool story but ugly compared to other options.

I did find a fuel rail adaptor from Fore to make the Holley plug and play. That's $75 plus a throttle body adaptor makes the Holley ~200 more than the 302...but it does comes with fuels rails... hmmm

Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
...Analysis paralysis...

This is the cross I bare with every Fing thing I buy for this car...Doesnt help I live in the world of IT and programmers...

The noticeable staleness of my rpm band above 7k has finally irritated me enough after riding in [MENTION=22932]Doc[/MENTION]tor_fishtail car to do something about it...

I am already set on ordering a stage 1 Fore kit from [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION]. That is going to happen so I can run e85. I have in mind the set up I want all I need to do now is give him a shout.

My dilemma is Boss 302 manifold or Holley Sniper.

Both will get the job done above 7k and both are priced damn near identical. I can most likely pick up a Boss for around 400 so it does end up being quite a bit cheaper actually. I don't care about the hood issue with the 302, not really a big deal to me.

The Holley comes with 8an fuel rails which is a bonus considering the Fore kit will all be 8an. But I will need to cruise around on 93 for a few months so initially not a big deal plus I understand the stockers will be fine with my goal of around 750 at the wheels (remember I'm a6). But the Holley Evap relo seems to be an issue where as the 302 seems to be pretty much plug and play.

Just interested in thoughts on the two [MENTION=15779]z06psi[/MENTION] is the reason I would go Holley, I haven't really seen very many PC/Paxton folks run the 302 on this forum though so I would love to hear from you if you are out there.

All I know is stock has to go, this things sucks up top!!
I know a guy here local that will buy your kit.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
The sniper is prettier. Does that help? hehe

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The Sniper has a sort of resonance - like the sheet metal is always going tiinnngggggg as the engine runs. Very subtle, can't hear it in the car, but hate that. It also looks terrible UNDER it, if you're looking. Looks cool from up top though.

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
The sniper is prettier. Does that help? hehe
Hahaha don't think that vanity doesn't play into this choice as well :)

I am leaning Holley, talked to Lund already about the tune...since I plan on going e85 the fuel rails are a bonus as they are supposed to be good for 750whp. That's the end game on stock block soooo...

Now I just need to pull the trigger....

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Stock motor, Centri?

Stock manifold is my vote.

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Boss > GT350 > Stock

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Stock motor, Centri?

Stock manifold is my vote.
i know you know stuff lol, can you elaborate?

OP, i'm a sucker for the looks of the holley, but know nothing technical about either...pretty shallow over here

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
i know you know stuff lol, can you elaborate?

OP, i'm a sucker for the looks of the holley, but know nothing technical about either...pretty shallow over here
I think people are too concerned with peak power #s and the "flat spot" caused by the stock manifold.

There is nothing wrong with a flat spot. Now if the power dives hard, then that would a clear cut choice. The mentioned goal was 750. If you can make 750 at say 6800 RPM with a stock manifold, I don't see the point in revving higher to hit that #.

On a Centri car, you will be shifting at 7500-7700 to maximize the performance of the peak power at 6800.....food for thought.

I think people give up too quickly on the stock manifold, just my opinion. If you optimize the performance of the car, you are really splitting hairs IMO. It is true that the higher revving intakes can make a car faster, but it is also true that you can optimize a stock manifold to work well while being easier on the engine at the same time. ;)

OP
OP
MyLilPony

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
The issue is there is a magic spot that hits at about 7k where you feel it begin to stall. Watching Boost climb and power fall flat is a bit irritating. At 7k I am at about 11psi and at 7750 I am at 12.4. I want to recognize the power of that extra 1.5 psi will give me during the rest of the climb.

Most pick up ~30whp from a manifold swap at peak and I fully feel it is due to the increase efficiency the manifold brings. So I am not adding extra stress that isn't already present as the boost levels will remain the same (drop for others) for me. So if I can gain whp through efficiency why not?

To hit 750 at 6800 I would need to pulley down causing more stress lower in the rpm band. Low rpm high boost is bad I think we would all agree. Plus the coyote likes to rev and with a centri making Boost based on rpm I would rather rev higher and have less Boost drop off.

Kellys69z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium, Dodge 2500 Cummings, 69 Camaro
I think people are too concerned with peak power #s and the "flat spot" caused by the stock manifold.

There is nothing wrong with a flat spot. Now if the power dives hard, then that would a clear cut choice. The mentioned goal was 750. If you can make 750 at say 6800 RPM with a stock manifold, I don't see the point in revving higher to hit that #.

On a Centri car, you will be shifting at 7500-7700 to maximize the performance of the peak power at 6800.....food for thought.

I think people give up too quickly on the stock manifold, just my opinion. If you optimize the performance of the car, you are really splitting hairs IMO. It is true that the higher revving intakes can make a car faster, but it is also true that you can optimize a stock manifold to work well while being easier on the engine at the same time. ;)
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
Sponsored