Sponsored

Black 2015 Mustang GT at the Detroit Auto Show

KZStang

It could be the car soaking up all the glare and reflection but thus far I will say this is my least favorite of the ones shown at Detroit, and I am an owner/fan of black Mustangs. Admittedly, I never liked the way black shows in these types of conditions.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
That will be my car. Oh yes, it will be.

Haha I wouldn't mind either! I wish those wheels were available with performance tires and whatever track packs they offer for 2015.

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Odd, I used to love my black Mustang. Black doesn't do well on this new car. Maybe it swallows up the lines too much?

So far it's been the dramatic colors that have gotten my attention. Silver, Black, White...all look ho-hum now

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Black looks so crisp. Always one of my favorite Mustang colors. Would have to see in person (regarding the lines, etc) but should look pretty mean with tinted windows.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Odd, I used to love my black Mustang. Black doesn't do well on this new car. Maybe it swallows up the lines too much?

So far it's been the dramatic colors that have gotten my attention. Silver, Black, White...all look ho-hum now

I don't really let those things bother me. I don't need to see every crease and every line whenever I am looking at the car. When it is bright there is no issue, when it is dark the black paint to me just looks that much more menacing. The car definitely looks good in the brighter colors, but with the exception of Gotta Have It Green I just can't buy a car in any color but black.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I don't really let those things bother me. I don't need to see every crease and every line whenever I am looking at the car. When it is bright there is no issue, when it is dark the black paint to me just looks that much more menacing. The car definitely looks good in the brighter colors, but with the exception of Gotta Have It Green I just can't buy a car in any color but black.
This car would have looked killer in Gotta Have It Green.
2013-12-28-16-52-26.jpg

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
fd2015mustang65160451.jpg

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
It could be the car soaking up all the glare and reflection but thus far I will say this is my least favorite of the ones shown at Detroit, and I am an owner/fan of black Mustangs. Admittedly, I never liked the way black shows in these types of conditions.
:lol: Funny how different opinions can be. I usually don't like black cars, but this made my jaw drop. It makes me think "star of the show". Which perhaps isn't what you want to accomplish with a sports car like that for some people. Obviously it won't always be under lights like that and will lose a lot of that luster in the real world.

I do think a matte black car would look amazing though.

EDIT: The picture above my post is a good example. For some reason, I'm not into that look. Same exact car, different angle therefore less "flash", and all of a sudden I'm not interested.