Sponsored

Gt350 vs Porsche

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Yup CR is a nice color... no more LB for me, I'm actually more into the GB after seeing both colors in person.

But in the meantime I'm also anticipating this reveal... ;)
I'm with you on Grabber Blue, the more I see it, the more I like it. Also, it seems like LB is a very popular color on the '17s, just like Oxford White was on the '16s. GB will certainly be more unique as a 1 year only color run.

I'm eager to see the 991.2 GT3 as well, but ever since I got my GT350, the urge for a GT3 has vanished.
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I'm with you on Grabber Blue, the more I see it, the more I like it. Also, it seems like LB is a very popular color on the '17s, just like Oxford White was on the '16s. GB will certainly be more unique as a 1 year only color run.

I'm eager to see the 991.2 GT3 as well, but ever since I got my GT350, the urge for a GT3 has vanished.
Exactly... both are very nice blues so in the end it's the purchaser's decision obviously. Can't go wrong with either. Many days before I strictly wanted the black stripes but more recently I am really fond of the white stripes especially after seeing more owner's pics and in live view.

The GT350's exhaust is intoxicatingly addicting but for me I could never ever relinquish my urge/desire for Porsche's Motorsports versions. It's the complete package IMO.... personally, there really is no substitute. ;)

But there's a solution.... have both. :D

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I need to find a Porsche GT3 with a blown engine and swap in a voodoo

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
But you wanted to swap the voodoo out of the gt350 lol
I want to build a 700 hp na voodoo for my gt350. But a voodoo gt3 would be bad ass

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Honestly a voodoo in a GT4 would be a better choice, there is already a roadrunner in a cayman somewhere.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
^Yup. I have personally seen/heard this car a few times already... it's track-prepped, badazz and fast. I have seen it at Homestead Speedway for an hpde also. A 987 Cayman with the Roadrunner (Boss 302) engine transplanted within by Limitless Motorsworks in Miami. Even Magnus Walker loves it... urban outlaw indeed!

Screen-Shot-2016-12-06-at-5.51.05-PM.png

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Honestly a voodoo in a GT4 would be a better choice, there is already a roadrunner in a cayman somewhere.
Either way :ford:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That is the one, I bet you gotta wear ear plugs inside that thing lulz

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
That is the one, I bet you gotta wear ear plugs inside that thing lulz
Yup.... it's loud but good. I have the vid of it idling in my IG somewhere. :D

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
^Yup. I have personally seen/heard this car a few times already... it's track-prepped, badazz and fast. I have seen it at Homestead Speedway for an hpde also. A 987 Cayman with the Roadrunner (Boss 302) engine transplanted within by Limitless Motorsworks in Miami. Even Magnus Walker loves it... urban outlaw indeed!

Screen-Shot-2016-12-06-at-5.51.05-PM.png
Matt Farrah from the smoking tire did a video on this car. What surprised me most was how reasonable the cost was of having this conversion done.

This design reminds me of what a 2017 version of a pantera should be like

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
I need to find a Porsche GT3 with a blown engine and swap in a voodoo
Someone has already done a cayman with ford 5.0. Even if you want a 911, not much reason to start with a GT3, might as well start with a normal one and employ the vast savings to upgrade what you need to.

edit: lol, need to reload more.

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
I did my best with the translation. There's a lot of words that he uses that I can't understand the meaning. I couldn't catch the mumbling at the very end. He speaks "Chilango" Central Mexico's accent Spanish. Up here in Northern Baja, we use many different words and some words with different meanings. So, so review in my opinion unless it's a shorter version of a more complete review.
Anyways, He seems more impressed with the Shelby than the Porsche.

Here's the translation.

“Driving the Porsche GT4. What can I say?! It’s a work of art. She’s like a ballerina. She does everything great and so easily. She helps you in every aspect and the engine is a beauty. The Boxter, It’s a boxter 3.8 located in the rear, rearly or better said, centrally. It’s well balanced. Let’s say this is the last of Porsches volcanoes. Why? Because it’s a natural aspirated engine and manual. It has 6 gears and Porsche just announced that all models after 2017 are going to be turbos, so this is truthfully a race car. It feels firm and rigid. It’s not a comfortable car really nor a daily driver. The seats do not recline, but Who the hell cares?! It’s a Cayman GT4. It pulls, it howls, It’s a Porsche, What can I say?! Check the test drive. very good.”

“What up friends? Now is the turn of the Shelby GT350. Watch it!! It’s not a Mustang. It’s a Shelby. It doesn’t have horses. It has a snakes, cobras. Is Ford’s latest offering of a Pony Car, but at extreme level. What’s the difference? Well, the engine has a flat plane crank that allow us to rev it almost to 8,400 revolutions. Something never seen before. It loses a bit of torque at the beginning. It’s not a 1/4 mile car but a track car. What does this car has? Independent rear suspension, alcantara, Recaro seats, 6 gears and it only comes in manual. If you’re looking for an automatic, don’t bother. You’re not going to find it because it’s a Shelby. A lot of people complain about the radio unit screen being too small, but I always tell them this vehicle is about its performance and what’s under the hood. It’s a vehicle that can actually be driven every day and you can go and rent a European vechicle for the weekend. This car it’s at the level the Porsche Cayman GT4. It has never been seen before that an American vehicle can go head to head against them with such worldly vehicle. Shelby GT350, incredible!!”

baege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CAYMAN S
I like both.... and then some. :D

All are winners really... just choose your toy or weapon.

Different strokes for different folks. That's a good thing.

31833695630_8d5e5bf0ee_c.jpg
So gotta ask, which would you choose as your ONLY road car for pleasure driving? In other words which one gives you more smiles per mile on the road?:headbang:

I am still contemplating the gt350 as a replacement for my 2016 Cayman S I don't track my cars and only drive for pleasure (not commuting).

I can't seem swing a test drive of the Gt350, so I would love your views on how the gt350 compares to the cayman...
Sponsored