Gt350 vs Porsche

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I'd like to know why the moderator took off the other videos I posted.
I get the feeling it is because they were "racing" videos :shrug:
Sponsored

Conedodger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-R
I have an R and a GT3. I prefer the R. The brakes on the Porsche and it's ability to put down power off a corner are the only things better about the Porsche. Engine, engine note, shifter, seating position, clutch driving dynamics are all better on the R.

People tend to like and know what the GT350R is more so than the Porsche because America I think.

Added bonus for the R. Parts are inexpensive compared to anything on a Porsche.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I like both.... and then some. :D

All are winners really... just choose your toy or weapon.

Different strokes for different folks. That's a good thing.

31833695630_8d5e5bf0ee_c.jpg

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
^Love Porsche's carmine red! Bossing - are you still planning to add that Lightning Blue GT350R to your line up or did the Carrera take its place?

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
^Love Porsche's carmine red! Bossing - are you still planning to add that Lightning Blue GT350R to your line up or did the Carrera take its place?
Yup CR is a nice color... no more LB for me, I'm actually more into the GB after seeing both colors in person.

But in the meantime I'm also anticipating this reveal... ;)
gt3-991-mk2.jpg

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
if they released a GT3 with v8 that would be amazing. low displacement v8 putting down close to 600hp. Wowzers.

Also, that green porsche with the green interior looks super cheap. I surprised who ever optioned that car didnt green out the wheels too.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I have an R and a GT3. I prefer the R. The brakes on the Porsche and it's ability to put down power off a corner are the only things better about the Porsche. Engine, engine note, shifter, seating position, clutch driving dynamics are all better on the R.

People tend to like and know what the GT350R is more so than the Porsche because America I think.

Added bonus for the R. Parts are inexpensive compared to anything on a Porsche.
My brothers boss tracks a GT4, hauls ass, perfectly balanced and dialed in. But the strut tower mount failed during cornering, apparently they are common and happen to GT4s that get a lot of track use.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Sweet...I love crazy colors!

Nothing steers like a Porsche IMO.
I agree! The rear wheel steering on my GT3RS is just crazy how it can turn the rear end and catapult out of a turn. It's actually fun going back and forth between the Stang and the P-car on the track - best of America and best of Germany.

Sponsored

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
if they released a GT3 with v8 that would be amazing. low displacement v8 putting down close to 600hp. Wowzers.
Think about this...the new 911 RSR has a different configuration than the other Porsche factory race cars. The motor and transmission are mounted in reverse - so now the motor sits in front of the wheels and the transmission hangs out back. So, now it makes sense to increase the number of cylinders inward instead of outward and keeping the weight toward the center. A 918 hybird system would work really well in the future GT3, and still maintain it's normally aspirated nature. I love the fact that Porsche chose to stick with a normally aspirated motor, and the very reason why the GT350 is a special track car.

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS

Also, that green porsche with the green interior looks super cheap. I surprised who ever optioned that car didnt green out the wheels too.
This color is RS Green (not signal green as many may believe) It is from the GT3RS and is paint to sample (PTS)

Paint to sample is a really awesome thing Porsche will do for extra money ($$$$$.$$) They will paint your car from an approved list of colors above/beyond the standard offerings.

It's a true one of one car from Porsche. All the Green tidbits are factory options. The car was spec'd by Loeber Porsche in Illinois and was one of 3 PTS (paint to sample) cars they ordered in 2008. Here are the (3) PTS cars in a pic I call "A** to A**" One RS Green, Two Mexico Blue, Three Signal Orange (looks red.)

I personally love the color because of it's heritage and the fact it was specific to the GT3RS on the 997.1 . . Ironically, RS Green is the most sought after color as well for a GT3RS.

My taste is rather unique as some have commented on here B4 (lot's of hate towards Grabber blue on this here forum . . .)
997s.jpg

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
:barf:

God I hate Easter egg colors on cars lol.

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Who would have known you could use the words GOD, (BARF) and HATE in the same subject. .:lol:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Love those colors together like that. It's awesome Boss! Love the grabR too.
Sponsored