Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Guy who did my clear bra in Moncton had a black GT4, wish I could have gotten a spin in it. Such awesome cars!

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Guy who did my clear bra in Moncton had a black GT4, wish I could have gotten a spin in it. Such awesome cars!
I've been out a few times and it really is something special. The sound is quite impressive for a 6.

Its an interesting comparison because the cars are so close in performance even though they get there in two very different ways.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I've been out a few times and it really is something special. The sound is quite impressive for a 6.

Its an interesting comparison because the cars are so close in performance even though they get there in two very different ways.
Jealous! haha if there were a Porsche Dealer in my province, and assuming the GT4 could be had for MSRP, I might very well be in a Porsche today instead of my R. Always loved how the flat 6's sound, IMO they are the epitome of a motorsports sounding exhaust note.

For sure, under 3000 lbs with 385hp is incredible. Really too bad they gave the car such hugely tall gearing (even taller than our 350's) with the relatively low torque levels. I can just imagine how incredible it must feel though dancing through some tight back roads and listening to that motor sing :love:

sharkfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4
Several Porsche guys have both, I actually sold my GT4 after buying my GT350. Wish I had room for both very evenly matched performance cars by the numbers but both drive so differently.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Jealous! haha if there were a Porsche Dealer in my province, and assuming the GT4 could be had for MSRP, I might very well be in a Porsche today instead of my R. Always loved how the flat 6's sound, IMO they are the epitome of a motorsports sounding exhaust note.

For sure, under 3000 lbs with 385hp is incredible. Really too bad they gave the car such hugely tall gearing (even taller than our 350's) with the relatively low torque levels. I can just imagine how incredible it must feel though dancing through some tight back roads and listening to that motor sing :love:
After a few days you would regret your decision! I sold my GT4 to get a GT350 - I am waiting on my R. As far as sound goes...the Stang blows it away.

I had three GT4's at MSRP and still ordered the GT350R instead. In the end, it comes down to personal preference and the reason why we have all these awesome choices - they are all fun to drive!

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Its not much of a review of either vehicle. He is brief in his description and mentions much of what has been said already of both cars. He does say the cars are evenly matched. He notes that it is not a mustang but a Shelby GT350 that ford has done something amazing with. He also mentions that many complain of the little lcd screen for the base/TP cars and how that is unimportant in the cars mission and that is to take it to the track. He also adds that the GT4 is not much of a daily driver and that the 350 you can daily and then drive it to the track very comfortably.

Last edited:

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Doh. Everybody does car reviews today....

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'd like to know why the moderator took off the other videos I posted.

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Nothing steers like a Porsche IMO. Nimble, endless turn in, nice even surge of power delivery. I got super lucky this past week and picked up this factory gem! Just drove back from LA with the misses and had a blast on the twisties. Car has some aftermarket Champion RG5 wheels and Champion F77 package (airbox, headers and Tubi Exhaust.)

The R model by far has a superior sound, way more comfortable / bolstered seats (even though this car was spec'd w/sport seats amongst a slew of other things.)
After two days of driving long distances I was really sore. Car is way lower to the ground than the R and the front splitter - I already have a spare that came with the car. It has a factory aero kit so the front splitter is LOW and scrapes on EVERYTHING.

This car definitely gets a lot of looks, but not a lot of conversation out in public. I think Porsche's tend to put a small fence around them vs. everyone's muscle car - the Mustang!

Two different animals, both amazing at what they do.
IMG_5789.jpg

IMG_5793.jpg

IMG_5792.jpg
Sponsored