Sponsored

Brakemotive rotors

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT
OK, BrakeMotive, great customer service. I called them and explained my confusion on the recent order off eBay. They understood and after looking up my application they found their listing for the rotors and pads is actually $5 less expensive than the rotors alone that I got so they are sending me the pads for free!

So for the base GT or EB/PP rotors and pads are only $209!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-Drilled-Slotted-Brake-Rotors-Ceramic-Pads-Kit-2015-Ford-Mustang-/391505460374?fits=Year%3A2015%7CModel%3AMustang%7CSubmodel%3AGT&vxp=mtr&hash=item5b278b3c96

I'll offer my impression of the products a month or so after install. The rear rotors look great, fronts arrive today and pads next week.

GREAT TO HEAR ! BrakeMotive =class act
Sponsored

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
IIRC, the stock non-PP GT rotors are 27 lbs. [MENTION=26578]RedfireV8[/MENTION]?
Sorry I'm just seeing this. When I weighed my non-PP rotors, they were 27.8lbs. PP rotors were 32lbs.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Sorry I'm just seeing this. When I weighed my non-PP rotors, they were 27.8lbs. PP rotors were 32lbs.
So that would make these rotors about 1 lb heavier than the stock rotors. Good thing they drilled all those holes! :thumbsup:

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Looks like a great deal on these.....wish I would have waited..

I went with RotorPros about 6 months ago and regret ever dealing with them....And they were more expensive than these to top it off.....

Basically with RotorPros you get stock rotors that they drill/slot in house...The set they did for me came out HORRIBLE....and I had to wait 3 months to get them...

I would NEVER recommend them to anyone....

Good luck guys....make sure to provide feed back for other members..

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have the bedding procedure that should have come with these? There was nothing included with mine.

Edit:

I just thought about it, if they are the same as the Power Stop rotors, I guess I could use the procedure Power Stop recommends. Seems like all bedding procedures are similar anyways.

5 moderate to aggressive stops from 40 mph down to 10 mph in rapid succession without letting the brakes cool and do not come to a complete stop. If you're forced to stop, either shift into neutral or give room in front so you can allow the vehicle to roll slightly while waiting for the light. The rotors will be very hot and holding down the brake pedal will allow the pad to create an imprint on the rotor. This is where the judder can originate from.

Then do 5 moderate stops from 35 mph to 5 mph in rapid succession without letting the brakes cool. You should expect to smell some resin as the brakes get hot.

After this is complete, drive around for as long as possible without excessively heating the brakes and without coming to a complete stop (Try for about 5 minutes at moderate speed). This is the cooling stage. It allows the heated resin in the brake pads to cool and cure.
After the brakes have cooled to standard operating temperature, you may use the brakes normally.​

Last edited:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have the bedding procedure that should have come with these? There was nothing included with mine.

Edit:

I just thought about it, if they are the same as the Power Stop rotors, I guess I could use the procedure Power Stop recommends. Seems like all bedding procedures are similar anyways.

5 moderate to aggressive stops from 40 mph down to 10 mph in rapid succession without letting the brakes cool and do not come to a complete stop. If you're forced to stop, either shift into neutral or give room in front so you can allow the vehicle to roll slightly while waiting for the light. The rotors will be very hot and holding down the brake pedal will allow the pad to create an imprint on the rotor. This is where the judder can originate from.

Then do 5 moderate stops from 35 mph to 5 mph in rapid succession without letting the brakes cool. You should expect to smell some resin as the brakes get hot.

After this is complete, drive around for as long as possible without excessively heating the brakes and without coming to a complete stop (Try for about 5 minutes at moderate speed). This is the cooling stage. It allows the heated resin in the brake pads to cool and cure.
After the brakes have cooled to standard operating temperature, you may use the brakes normally.​
Seems ok but surprised at the speed they suggest you stop from. I would expect 60+ mph.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Anyone know how the weights compare to the stock GT brakes (non-PP)?

I believe the stock PP front rotors are 35lbs each.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know how the weights compare to the stock GT brakes (non-PP)?

I believe the stock PP front rotors are 35lbs each.
Yeah, the GT PP rotors are a bit bigger so I would expect them to weigh a little more. These are the non-PP rotors for the GT which are the same as the PP rotors for EB.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Seems ok but surprised at the speed they suggest you stop from. I would expect 60+ mph.
That sounds more like what I've done in the past. I never really had a formal procedure and just wanted to do it the recommended way for a change. I used to just do like 5 moderate stops in succession from about 60 to 10 mph and then just let them cool before stopping, that was it.

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Edit:

That is what came with mine Power Stop instructions . I am still very pleased with my rotors and pads .

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=27948]maddawg57[/MENTION] which pads came with yours?

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ceramic pads

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ceramic pads
I mean which ones? They are the Power Stop pads too but they have the Z16 Evolution, Z23 Evolution Sport, Z26 Street Warrior. Brake Motive sent me the Z16 which is the plain ceramic pad that Power Stop uses for their stock replacement with the plain rotors. The minimum pads Power Stop includes with the drilled and slotted rotors looks to be the Z23 which they refer to as a brake upgrade from stock, it is a carbon-fiber/ceramic blend. Curious if you got the Z16s also and if you did, how is the stopping power? Also, did they include the hardware (stainless steel anti-rattle clips and rubber pin bushings) with the pads?

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean which ones? They are the Power Stop pads too but they have the Z16 Evolution, Z23 Evolution Sport, Z26 Street Warrior. Brake Motive sent me the Z16 which is the plain ceramic pad that Power Stop uses for their stock replacement with the plain rotors. The minimum pads Power Stop includes with the drilled and slotted rotors looks to be the Z23 which they refer to as a brake upgrade from stock, it is a carbon-fiber/ceramic blend. Curious if you got the Z16s also and if you did, how is the stopping power? Also, did they include the hardware (stainless steel anti-rattle clips and rubber pin bushings) with the pads?
I actually have no idea which pads they are they were shrink wraped and no information , no hardware included .They work fine I have no problem with them but I don't track my car . But I do drive it pretty hard. Sorry I can't be of more help.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I actually have no idea which pads they are they were shrink wraped and no information , no hardware included .They work fine I have no problem with them but I don't track my car . But I do drive it pretty hard. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Oh, that sounds like what I got, it says Z16 Ceramic pads on a white sticker on the shrink wrap. They are the pads Power Stop includes with their plain stock replacement rotors. Now I'm wrestling with buying the Power Stop Z23 pads or just using these Z16s.

Does anybody have any experience with the Z16 and Z23 pads, any recommendations?
Sponsored