Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Premium PP GT

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Oh ic, thats probably it.
Also on Ebay, it doesnt say anything about performance package. It just says for Brembo brakes. That should be right for my PP?

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh ic, thats probably it.
Also on Ebay, it doesnt say anything about performance package. It just says for Brembo brakes. That should be right for my PP?
Yes it will say with Brembo front breaks that is PP

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure you bed the pads as the instructions tell you too . If you don't your not going to be happy . Not bedding the pads correctly is why most people have complaints about thier brake pads .

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Make sure you bed the pads as the instructions tell you too . If you don't your not going to be happy . Not bedding the pads correctly is why most people have complaints about thier brake pads .
Correct. It is a nasty process. Roll your windows up or you will be sorry.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just put a set on my car . They are the same rotors that PowerStop sell for half the price . 4 Zinc coated cross drilled slotted rotors and ceramic pads for $226 to the door , can't beat it . I've ran them on 2 C5 corvettes and a F150 pickup before with good results .
How is the initial bite compared to stock? I know the pad won't hold up to track use like the stock brembo pads.

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is the initial bite compared to stock? I know the pad won't hold up to track use like the stock brembo pads.

To be honest driving around town and just daily driving I don't notice any difference except that they don't rust when wet and very little brake dust.I've run these on 2 C5 vets and a 2004 f-150 the only problem i had was with the F-150 . It did not like the ceramic pads when towing if you used the brakes alot they would fad some , but i also did not have the trailer brake hookup on the truck if i had i don't think that would have been an issue.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
To be honest driving around town and just daily driving I don't notice any difference except that they don't rust when wet and very little brake dust.I've run these on 2 C5 vets and a 2004 f-150 the only problem i had was with the F-150 . It did not like the ceramic pads when towing if you used the brakes alot they would fad some , but i also did not have the trailer brake hookup on the truck if i had i don't think that would have been an issue.
Thanks. I may go with these rotors but with a more aggressive pad.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Well my shipment just arrived and only the rear rotors showed up. I'm sure that was all that was shipped too. The FedEx shipping info said 35 lbs. The listing from Brakemotive shows the:

Front Rotor Weight (Lb p/rotor): 28.90
Rear Rotor Weight (Lb p/rotor): 17.65

The ebay listing was clearly for: "Front & Rear Drilled & Slotted Brake Rotors 2015 Ford Mustang Eco w/Perf Pkg GT"

I've sent them a message, I'm sure we will get it worked out.

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well my shipment just arrived and only the rear rotors showed up. I'm sure that was all that was shipped too. The FedEx shipping info said 35 lbs. The listing from Brakemotive shows the:

Front Rotor Weight (Lb p/rotor): 28.90
Rear Rotor Weight (Lb p/rotor): 17.65

The ebay listing was clearly for: "Front & Rear Drilled & Slotted Brake Rotors 2015 Ford Mustang Eco w/Perf Pkg GT"

I've sent them a message, I'm sure we will get it worked out.
The 35 lbs on the in invoice is what mine said should have been in 2 boxes your shipper lost a box

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
The 35 lbs on the in invoice is what mine said should have been in 2 boxes your shipper lost a box
They already replied. They sent it out in 2 shipments but never sent a shipping notice for the second box which will arrive tomorrow. 35 lbs is just the weight of the 2 rear rotors together. The front rotors weigh 29.8 lbs each. Weight of the second shipment is 61.7 lbs. Anyone know how the weights compare to the stock GT brakes (non-PP)?

Also, I screwed up, I thought I got the kit with the rotors and pads but when I went from 1 listing that had them to the listing for my car specifically, it didn't include the pads. My pads aren't worn out yet, I'm at 31k and have a good bit of pad left. Any recommendations for good pads, not for track use, just DD, would like low dust and low noise. I could probably stick with stock but was hoping for something that made a little less dust but I don't want to give up any stopping power for that.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They already replied. They sent it out in 2 shipments but never sent a shipping notice for the second box which will arrive tomorrow. 35 lbs is just the weight of the 2 rear rotors together. The front rotors weigh 29.8 lbs each. Weight of the second shipment is 61.7 lbs. Anyone know how the weights compare to the stock GT brakes (non-PP)?

Also, I screwed up, I thought I got the kit with the rotors and pads but when I went from 1 listing that had them to the listing for my car specifically, it didn't include the pads. My pads aren't worn out yet, I'm at 31k and have a good bit of pad left. Any recommendations for good pads, not for track use, just DD, would like low dust and low noise. I could probably stick with stock but was hoping for something that made a little less dust but I don't want to give up any stopping power for that.
IIRC, the stock non-PP GT rotors are 27 lbs. [MENTION=26578]RedfireV8[/MENTION]?

maddawg57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sorry to hear that you messed up for a little more than $10 you could have gotten ceramic pads also . So far mine are still quiet and stop great and almost no dust. Order some pads from power stop or hawk . Maybe if you call Brakemotive n tell them that you thought you ordered the kit with pads they will work with you that would be my first option.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
OK, BrakeMotive, great customer service. I called them and explained my confusion on the recent order off eBay. They understood and after looking up my application they found their listing for the rotors and pads is actually $5 less expensive than the rotors alone that I got so they are sending me the pads for free!

So for the base GT or EB/PP rotors and pads are only $209!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-Drilled-Slotted-Brake-Rotors-Ceramic-Pads-Kit-2015-Ford-Mustang-/391505460374?fits=Year%3A2015%7CModel%3AMustang%7CSubmodel%3AGT&vxp=mtr&hash=item5b278b3c96

I'll offer my impression of the products a month or so after install. The rear rotors look great, fronts arrive today and pads next week.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OK, BrakeMotive, great customer service. I called them and explained my confusion on the recent order off eBay. They understood and after looking up my application they found their listing for the rotors and pads is actually $5 less expensive than the rotors alone that I got so they are sending me the pads for free!

So for the base GT or EB/PP rotors and pads are only $209!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-Drilled-Slotted-Brake-Rotors-Ceramic-Pads-Kit-2015-Ford-Mustang-/391505460374?fits=Year%3A2015%7CModel%3AMustang%7CSubmodel%3AGT&vxp=mtr&hash=item5b278b3c96

I'll offer my impression of the products a month or so after install. The rear rotors look great, fronts arrive today and pads next week.
Very interested to hear your thoughts. I do want something with a bit more initial bite than the stock base GT/EB PP pads.
Sponsored