Sponsored

Any GT350 owners contemplating the '17 Raptor?

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
My K02s on my G1 raptor shake intermittently almost. I've had them road force balanced etc and everything else except the beads. Better but not perfect. I just ordered a set of Method roosts in 18x9 and some toyos. A lot of G2 raptor guys comment on the tires and everyone I know personally with a truck or jeep on K02s say the same thing. They can't 100% balance them. Otherwise they've been excellent tires
I never had a problem with the original K02s on my gen 1, but these stink. I'm just going to replace them. They have them balanced better now, but there is still a shake.

Congrats on your truck. Scroll back a few pages to my truck if you wanna see what the Roosts look like...you'll love the look.
Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Only about 100 miles away as of this afternoon. Been waiting since October! I've been nothing but impressed with my 14. I beat the piss out of it and has never skipped a beat. Only thing that ever broke on it was a windshield from a decent size rock on the highway. Can't wait to keep that going on the 17. I'll miss the v8 sound for sure but everything else besides sound is an upgrade.

802A Avalanche Grey. Orange interior accents, heated steering wheel and 2nd row. Nothing else.

My K02s on my G1 raptor shake intermittently almost. I've had them road force balanced etc and everything else except the beads. Better but not perfect. I just ordered a set of Method roosts in 18x9 and some toyos. A lot of G2 raptor guys comment on the tires and everyone I know personally with a truck or jeep on K02s say the same thing. They can't 100% balance them. Otherwise they've been excellent tires
Your build sounds like mine. Everything you have plus drop-in bedliner. No tire vibration issues at all with mine.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm picky and I love the stockers. Today I gave my wheel and tires their first cleaning

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I've been hunting dealers for weeks now and the markup being asked is double what I ran into locating my 350. Suprised since I bought the 350 before they shipped and there are raptors sitting all over dealer lots.

Anyone have any leads?

Looking for a super cab which makes it more difficult, seems 90plus percent are crews and no one wants to order custom.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I've been hunting dealers for weeks now and the markup being asked is double what I ran into locating my 350. Suprised since I bought the 350 before they shipped and there are raptors sitting all over dealer lots.

Anyone have any leads?

Looking for a super cab which makes it more difficult, seems 90plus percent are crews and no one wants to order custom.
That is true. Like you, I did not want a SCREW. I was able to get mine at MSRP though.

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP

Anyone have any leads?

Just wait, or show the dealer the Q&A from Ford where they confirm while a specialty vehicle there is no limit, and it will be built to meet customer demand.

The last generation Raptor sold more units than Honda built Ridgelines.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Mine is shifting smoothly. In any mode. Can't say I have any issues with the truck. Hate start/stop, but I've trained myself well to hit that button after every start.

What I do have an issue with is the tires. The new KO2s suck. Still not balanced right. Hearing from my local Discount Tire that about 50% go back for vibration issues. Think I'm just going to buy some Nittos.
Was this worsened by the Roosts?

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Just wait, or show the dealer the Q&A from Ford where they confirm while a specialty vehicle there is no limit, and it will be built to meet customer demand.

The last generation Raptor sold more units than Honda built Ridgelines.
There buildings lot it's the applications issue that's causing the ADMs. Any idea how those are being kicked out?

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
There buildings lot it's the applications issue that's causing the ADMs. Any idea how those are being kicked out?
That I don't know. However the last time I spoke with the dealer I got my car from he said. Wait till June/July, and there should be not issue getting the Raptor you want at MSRP.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
If anyone has a connection to a dealer selling custom orders at MSRP, please let me know. Looking to build a MY18. Been hitting up dealers in the Midwest.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
If anyone has a connection to a dealer selling custom orders at MSRP, please let me know. Looking to build a MY18. Been hitting up dealers in the Midwest.
Eleanor @ B&B Ford 803-259-5524. They are an MSRP dealer. Good luck. Tell her Fred sent you.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I had the wheels powder coated Black on mine and had the graphics installed. Not sure I like the graphics though they seem like a step back from the previous years I owned...