Sponsored

New price list 27th May 2015 - price increase

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
I thought this deserved a new topic on its own. Prices are up by £1,000 - the ecoboost auto's have gone up £1,220

One member says his dealer has confirmed he will pay the original prices...
Sponsored

Attachments

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
That's me. It's in the terms and conditions. Something along the lines of paying the price at the time as long as you take delivery within 3 months or when available.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
The right-hand drive Mustang. No one owns one, has driven one, seen one or even knows the final specifications of one, and they've already increased the price.

Yet we're all still itching to take delivery. It truly is a bizarre situation :)

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
My dealer told me that Ford will increase prices very soon. 2-3k Euros.
The demand is so big, yet no car has been delivered and they are so different from the US type...

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
This happened a month or so back in Australia, some of us had already signed on the bottom line though so the price is locked in..

As for when we will receive it? :kickrock:

Sponsored

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
This happened a month or so back in Australia, some of us had already signed on the bottom line though so the price is locked in..

As for when we will receive it? :kickrock:
You'd be amazed about the locked in part. The main Ford dealer in Romania called and told me that The car will be late for delivery bla bla and that I should be happy they don't increase the cost of the car, because Ford is raising the prices. I was baffled.

StarWarsJez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Merc C240
I placed my order a couple of months ago and paid my deposit - so if Ford came back to me and asked for more money I'd be very angry indeed - and inclined to ensure the press/media were made aware

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked the local dealer the same question a couple of months ago. He ensured me that the price is locked the time of ordering (although I didn't place any order yet).

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My dealer told me that Ford will increase prices very soon. 2-3k Euros.

I suspect that foreign exchange rate triggered the increase. When the car prices introduced (almost at late 2014), the EUR/USD rate was around 1.3000
In March went down below at 1.05 now is around 1.10 and the forecasts are for down again.....

Ford got paid in usd not euro. Who is going to pay the difference? Guess who.....

If you also add the factors:
- of big european demand,
- the price is below of the equivalent European competitor models

I can easily explain the price increase.

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
Ford UK website has updated and is now showing the increased price :)

Glad I have my receipt and agreed price!!

Sponsored

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Confirmed from my dealer the price increase only applies to the next batch of cars to be built..... IF they decide to build anymore.
That's thrown the cat amongst the pigeons. The initial 1200 have sold out, apparently Ford are assessing whether to build any more as the 2016 order book for LHD is also full.
My dealer also said all orders are on the system now but Ford have filled the allocation up with V8s irrespective of whether the original order was for an EB (except ucl cars). Bit odd.

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
http://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/ford-mustang-already-sold-brits-go-v8-crazy/92040

According to this interview with Ford boss,

". . . the car is sold out in the UK in 2015, with all 1,200 finding homes . . . . Dealers are now quoting deliveries in April 2016 for the next allocation of cars to interested buyers as we’ve sold this year’s allocation out"

My dealer also said all orders are on the system now but Ford have filled the allocation up with V8s irrespective of whether the original order was for an EB (except ucl cars). Bit odd.
What is the dealer saying? Does it mean they've delayed the EBs until the next run or 'upgrading' the EB orders to the V8?

Zerocool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting 2016 Mustang
If ford were planning to stop production of RHD models surely they would have pulled it off the ford UK website and not increased the price?

Why put so much effort into organising a RHD version for one 1200 car run? It wouldn't make any sense.

My order is part of the next batch due 2016 and my dealer is still certain this will all go ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
If ford were planning to stop production of RHD models surely they would have pulled it off the ford UK website and not increased the price?

Why put so much effort into organising a RHD version for one 1200 car run? It wouldn't make any sense.

My order is part of the next batch due 2016 and my dealer is still certain this will all go ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be honest I dont think there's any such thing as certain where Ford & the Mustang are concerned. I have no doubt they'll make more RHD models it'll just be a case of when. They'll move onto the MY16 model for LHD in August and will always prioritise the US market above anyone else, especially with the 16 Camaro coming.

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
http://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/ford-mustang-already-sold-brits-go-v8-crazy/92040

According to this interview with Ford boss,

". . . the car is sold out in the UK in 2015, with all 1,200 finding homes . . . . Dealers are now quoting deliveries in April 2016 for the next allocation of cars to interested buyers as we’ve sold this year’s allocation out"

What is the dealer saying? Does it mean they've delayed the EBs until the next run or 'upgrading' the EB orders to the V8?
The way i understood it is each dealer has an allocation, lets say hypothetically its 100 cars. They have 50 confirmed orders, those cars get the engine they want, the remaining allocation of 50 cars for that dealership are all V8s. That actually doesnt make much sense if all 1200 cars have been sold, there wouldnt be any unallocated cars.
Sponsored