Sponsored

Best bang for buck modifications

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
I'm absolutely no expert and many on this forum will disagree with me but here goes.

I've been following this forum since March and paid close attention to a lot of smart and knowledgeable guys.

I've also researched many after market mod's for the Mustang and believe you me, there are more than any other car.

IMHO the best bang for the buck, pound for pound, dollar for dollar, safety and reliability, Horse power gain to weight ratio is going to be a SuperCharger period!

blue

blue
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT Performance Pack
Everyone is right. But a really cheap, kick in the seat of the pants gain, is gear ratio.

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
You don't want to go lower gear ratio than what comes in the PP with the MT84 it is silly low already.

The most hp for the least money is supercharging but that is a lot of hp and a pretty sizable chunk of cash. With the terrific airbox Ford puts on the 2015 a free flowing filter, a tune and exhaust is pretty much the rational limit for a naturally aspirated car. Anything more and you should think about SC and forget NA.

Sponsored

blue

blue
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT Performance Pack
Sorry, missed his signature..

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
A CAI isn't worth the gains if that's all you do. You won't get much by itself. But if you tune, put a CAI on it and you'll get more gains. It was reported that a tune alone is worth about 12hp, but add the CAI on top and you get another 8-9 if I recall correctly. So, if you go with a tune, get the tune after a CAI and you'll get a good bit of boost.

The Cat Back seems to gain 25+hp at around $1200 but we've not seen independent reports of that quite yet.

There's no magic sauce really.

I'm holding out a bit until things settle down unless the SW stuff grabs my attention once the first few start bolting things on and see good results. If so, I'm likely to go all out.

Headers with high-flow Cat, H-Pipe Cat Backs, CAI, and remote tune. Likely a throttle body boost as well to open up the flow. That should cover the easy stuff from intake to exhaust, without changing motor bits like cam or intake manifold. It just seems a shame to open up one part of the exhaust and not open it up all the way through. It's only money.

That will likely get me up to 440rwhp. That should be fun enough for a daily driver.

Of course, it's also possible I get the car and decide I'm going to kill myself with it the way it is and not do anything to it. But I highly doubt it.

Attracting Cops is half the fun...

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Its hard to say what is the best bang for the buck mod without knowing what your goals are.
A tune will definitely get you going in the right direction. Lund, Rev Auto, VMP are just some examples of good tuning options for our cars.
If you're more into the handling aspect of things, a good set of dampers and lowering springs will help out quite a bit on this car.
Cat back isn't really going to net you huge gains but you'll be losing 20-30lbs in weight, that will help.
There will be lots of choices out there!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
A tune to start. And then hands down if you want to go fast, our vortech and paxton specials are the best bang fir the buck, period

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
A tune to start. And then hands down if you want to go fast, our vortech and paxton specials are the best bang fir the buck, period
The beefcake special looks nice. I may setup my 11' for strip use and your price for 800hp looks good to me. Need to see how bad my taxes got hit in Q4. We installed one of the Paxton kits with a club member and it was what I call easy. I'm sure you'll offer similar for the 2015. im waiting for the S550 SVT variety this time around.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
The beefcake special looks nice. I may setup my 11' for strip use and your price for 800hp looks good to me. Need to see how bad my taxes got hit in Q4. We installed one of the Paxton kits with a club member and it was what I call easy. I'm sure you'll offer similar for the 2015. im waiting for the S550 SVT variety this time around.
we will have similar packages for the 2015's, vortech / Paxton is finalizing everything on their kits now.

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
Jegs, Flowmaster, and K&N are the easiest stickers to come by that add the most hp to your ride. However, you will see the most gain from a Vortech or Procharger sticker. Tire stickers don't add any hp, so don't waste your time on those.

jdotjohnson

Threads
Reaction score
what's the best option for lowering the car an inch - 1.1? Is Eibach the best?!?

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
what's the best option for lowering the car an inch - 1.1? Is Eibach the best?!?
Most likely, not many options out there. We're going to test the pro kit springs and sportlines before we go with our setup just to see what other supporting mods are needed.
Sponsored