Sponsored

Jack locations (prior to adding rails)

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
May be a dumb question, my apologies, but are there recommended locations for using jack stands on a stock car?

I'm going to be installing cat back exhaust this weekend and just reliazed I've personally never had the car off the ground. Not sure if that is to be mad at :mad: or love :love: In either case I have a bit of wrenching to do so was going to put her up on jacks then figured I better ask.

Or I can wait and order the jack rails like I was supposed to do first :headbonk:
Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Front and back have pinch welds where you can jack it up. You will need a puck or some rubber piece for pinch welds.

OP
OP

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Appreciate it.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
May be a dumb question, my apologies, but are there recommended locations for using jack stands on a stock car?

I'm going to be installing cat back exhaust this weekend and just reliazed I've personally never had the car off the ground. Not sure if that is to be mad at :mad: or love :love: In either case I have a bit of wrenching to do so was going to put her up on jacks then figured I better ask.

Or I can wait and order the jack rails like I was supposed to do first :headbonk:
Do you have ramps? I've had great luck with my Rhino ramps for oil changes and all sorts of other things. For the install, back the rear onto those and put the front on stands. You want to put the stand in the little pocket of the rocker panel closest to the wheels (see the car on its side).

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
I remember the underside of the S197's were REALLY squishy, and the pinch welds sucked. I'm assuming not much as changed on the S550... safe to say the jacking rails will help tremendously.

I'm assuming that you can fit jack stands to the jacking rails, yeah? I keep seeing it advertised as a jacking support spot, but can't find much info about it supporting stands. I'd really like to be able to put a stand under each side near the rear wheel so I don't have to jack the car from the pumpkin when installing my RTR valance.

OP
OP

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have ramps? I've had great luck with my Rhino ramps for oil changes and all sorts of other things. For the install, back the rear onto those and put the front on stands. You want to put the stand in the little pocket of the rocker panel closest to the wheels (see the car on its side).
I don't have ramps believe it or not. However, that is a good idea to have. Thanks. And thank you all for the image and help. Much appreciated to all.

Should be enough to get me started.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have ramps believe it or not. However, that is a good idea to have. Thanks. And thank you all for the image and help. Much appreciated to all.

Should be enough to get me started.
Yup just throw it in gear and set the park brake and it'll stay put on the ramps.

Sponsored

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
I place stands under suspension chassis mounting points.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I used a floor jack under the rear pinch welds right in front of the arrow marker(so I could put jack stands in the arrow locations) with no puck or anything...I went slow and deliberate and didnt have problem one when I installed my Exhaust. Pinch welds are still solid and didnt even scuff the paint.
Sponsored