Sponsored

Hey you FI dataloggers

Foxracing19931

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
What are you guys using to verify knocker activity and timing advance?
I've been using a ngauge with sct program for datalogging
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What are you guys using to verify knocker activity and timing advance?
I've been using the Ngauge for the logging. When it was still on the Procharger canned tune it would flatline at +4* on almost all WOT logs. I read that was because they have the sensors capped at 4 in their tune.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thought I'd update (not that anyone cares). Looking at my logs again for the latest tune. The knock is down a little from what I thought (what a pleasant surprise lol). Looking like 3-low 4s now on WOT. For some reason that relieves me...some. :(

cyandhappiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
I'm not sure how to check the timing that everyone is talking about, but i think it's the value of spark advance at WOT?

From what I see the value of rpm and my throttle input, I can imagine there's a table from 700-6800 rpm, engine throttle position and interpolated in between the points. So the one way to see consistency is the WOT value (the max value of the table)

Bartly, at WOT, what kind of spark advance number you see? It should be a solid number, mine is 22 from a canned tune procharger. So the KNOCKR at +4 would means that it's at 18 timing? I don't know how a car tuning works but I do tune PID loop 2500 hp blowers, pumps at my engineering job, so I can't imagine this can be whole lot different.

So as long as your Lambda 1&2 at 0.78, Air fuel at 11.8, spark advance at 22, it should be alright to let the ecu pull timing to do its job. Maybe if they use 18 at top of the chart it will show 0 KNOCKR but I'm just talking out of my butt :p

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Thought I'd update (not that anyone cares). Looking at my logs again for the latest tune. The knock is down a little from what I thought (what a pleasant surprise lol). Looking like 3-low 4s now on WOT. For some reason that relieves me...some. :(
We care...:brokenheart:

Are you saying you are seeing -4 to -3 numbers now or still + numbers?

Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
I'm not sure how to check the timing that everyone is talking about, but i think it's the value of spark advance at WOT?

From what I see the value of rpm and my throttle input, I can imagine there's a table from 700-6800 rpm, engine throttle position and interpolated in between the points. So the one way to see consistency is the WOT value (the max value of the table)

Bartly, at WOT, what kind of spark advance number you see? It should be a solid number, mine is 22 from a canned tune procharger. So the KNOCKR at +4 would means that it's at 18 timing? I don't know how a car tuning works but I do tune PID loop 2500 hp blowers, pumps at my engineering job, so I can't imagine this can be whole lot different.

So as long as your Lambda 1&2 at 0.78, Air fuel at 11.8, spark advance at 22, it should be alright to let the ecu pull timing to do its job. Maybe if they use 18 at top of the chart it will show 0 KNOCKR but I'm just talking out of my butt :p
even my car locked to 16 degrees will show KNOCKR in negatives at WOT at 7000rpm