What is a Whipple? TVS?

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
Is a Whipple a TVS? Thinking of ordering the Whipple kit for the support, quality, reputation, thoroughness in engineering and because it's the only kit that will allow me to retain my adaptive cruise control.

Mr. Whipple says: "Please don't squeeze the Charmin."

John
Sponsored

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Whipple and Kenne Belle are a twin screw supercharger and pretty much all others are TV'S types.

OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
What are the pros and cons for each type? I can't seem to find any unbiased info...

I understand TVS types are highly regarded. I ordered the Whipple however because it was the only setup that allowed me to keep my adaptive cruise functional.

John

Last edited:

Tornado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp - white
There are alot of informational videos on YouTube if you search it correctly. Twin screws are engineered to deliver boost at lower air temperatures than a roots can. Cooler air means more power per pound of boost.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
What are the pros and cons for each type? I can't seem to find any unbiased info...

I understand TVS types are highly regarded. I ordered the Whipple however because it was the only setup that allowed me to keep my adaptive cruise functional.

John
thats a good question about ACC for blower installs. ill ask kenne bell and report back into this thread. my car doesnt have it so i havent worried about it, but its definitely a feature that should be kept above additional power, especially on a street car.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
thats a good question about ACC for blower installs. ill ask kenne bell and report back into this thread. my car doesnt have it so i havent worried about it, but its definitely a feature that should be kept above additional power, especially on a street car.
I checked with Roush and VMP. Both disabled ACC. To me that was a show stopper. A $1200 option that I have grown to really love turned off...

John

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Is a Whipple a TVS? Thinking of ordering the Whipple kit for the support, quality, reputation, thoroughness in engineering and because it's the only kit that will allow me to retain my adaptive cruise control.

Mr. Whipple says: "Please don't squeeze the Charmin."

John
Whipple=Twin Screw
TVS=Roots

The twin screw does exactly as the name implies, two intermeshed screws, one female and one male, that never touch but have a very tight tolerance.
They build boost in the supercharger itself and then force that air forward and down into the lower manifold.

The roots is basically a 3ish lobed paddle. Instead of building boost in the supercharger itself, it draws the air in from the top and drags the air along the outside of the case, eventually compressing it in the lower manifold.

Typically you don't have to spin the twin screws as fast to reach a certain boost level, so the slower moving blower should have lower air charge temps.

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
I checked with Roush and VMP. Both disabled ACC. To me that was a show stopper. A $1200 option that I have grown to really love turned off...

John
I couldn't get an answer from Roush or VMP if their kits disabled ACC. I really have learned to like the feature...

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0

John
Ours maintains ACC and it fits without any mods.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP

John
Many guys on here like their Whipple SC's, so you definitely can't go wrong. I don't have ACC, so that wasn't a factor when I chose what SC brand I went with. For the total price (including install), I just couldn't turn it down. I'm very happy with what I chose, and I'm quite sure you'll be happy with a Whipple.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ours maintains ACC and it fits without any mods.
That's the reason I went with a Whipple! Now if we could work on the 6 week lead time... ;)

John

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
The Roush SC can't be heard at all, no whine. Maybe if you push it real hard and have the windows up you could hear a hint of whine. The people outside your car will only hear the exhaust and maybe some tire screeching. Which I love because I kept my car looking stock to make it sort of a sleeper.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
The Roush SC can't be heard at all, no whine. Maybe if you push it real hard and have the windows up you could hear a hint of whine. The people outside your car will only hear the exhaust and maybe some tire screeching. Which I love because I kept my car looking stock to make it sort of a sleeper.
Agreed, I hear it when I first start the car, and after that, it's pretty d*mn quiet. I like that as well. No supercharged emblems or stickers, and you really can't hear it.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Agreed, I hear it when I first start the car, and after that, it's pretty d*mn quiet. I like that as well. No supercharged emblems or stickers, and you really can't hear it.
Anyone who want more whine out of there Twin Screw should PM me. I'm selling kits that enhance the rotor whine now. Yes TVS, Eaton's can also increase their Whine effect dramatically.
Sponsored