Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Jaguar doesn't put side splitters on the base models..:gossip:

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
So how many of these "TT" (Tooling Trial) cars do they make? And are they still some-what hand built?
Seems like a lot more of the 2015 mustangs are popping up anywhere.
And I love seeing that, cuz its means we get closer and closer to the production cars!!

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So how many of these "TT" (Tooling Trial) cars do they make? And are they still some-what hand built?
Seems like a lot more of the 2015 mustangs are popping up anywhere.
And I love seeing that, cuz its means we get closer and closer to the production cars!!
A fair amount are built, they are built at Flat Rock as assembly line tooling is tested. They are all built on an assembly line, but then extensive evaluation, review, and modification is done so that they represent the final product.

They have been showing up around Dearborn in packs, and I have already seen a few fleets of them driving on local highways for mileage accumulation.

Shouldn't be too long before we start seeing more pictures of TT cars being spotted around town!

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
I've noticed a lot of misaligned and wide panel gaps. I hope they're working on those as well.

Sponsored

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
A fair amount are built, they are built at Flat Rock as assembly line tooling is tested. They are all built on an assembly line, but then extensive evaluation, review, and modification is done so that they represent the final product.

They have been showing up around Dearborn in packs, and I have already seen a few fleets of them driving on local highways for mileage accumulation.

Shouldn't be too long before we start seeing more pictures of TT cars being spotted around town!
Thank you for explaining. What happens to those cars once the final production starts? Do they sell them or destroy them or disassemble and use the parts over? Just very curious of the whole pre-production process.

Thanks again!

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thank you for explaining. What happens to those cars once the final production starts? Do they sell them or destroy them or disassemble and use the parts over? Just very curious of the whole pre-production process.

Thanks again!
TT cars are kept around after production starts to aid any reference engineering tests going into next-generation testing, but all end up crushed after a certain amount of time.... TT cars are still considered prototypes and are therefore non-salable units.

PP, MP1, and MP2 units are salable units and are built after TT.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Added a 50 year limited edition pics/video thread.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Red Interior...

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
Hopefully just a China thing. Leave the red with the older ones.

so_r_crazy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mach1 Cobra Jet
Gabber Blue. :shrug:

I am very disappointed it was dropped. They were very hard to find in stock for 2013-2014. Most dealers when I was thinking of just getting a 2014 said it was best to just order as they normally did not stay on lot very long.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
DARK HIGHLAND GREEN! It really pisses me off that it has been limited to being the "bullitt" special edition color only.:frusty: It was just one of the choices for years, and is and will always be my favorite color on Mustangs.

Magnetic15

Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Magnetic
It seems Magnetic is very similar to Sterling Grey and Guard is a green with hints of teal in it. Magnetic should not "color shift" as much as Guard if it were my guess based on the pictures.
Magnetic is the replacement color for sterling gray. I got to see magnetic on an F-250 and that's what made my mind up. It's darker than sterling and has a lot more depth dude to the metallic. In the shade it almost looks black and in the sun the flakes had tiny shades of tan or brown but you really had to look. I knew in seconds that was my color. :thumbsup:
Sponsored