Sponsored

The ultimate solution for clunking tranmission

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Did shifter and motor mounts caused any increase in NVH? Did you happen to get rid of the most clunking issues in shifting lower gears??
The shifter did add a small amount of nvh but nothing that is intolerable in my opinion especially now with the headers also I feel that the motor mounts help quiet down my shifter a bit more because there's less vibration coming from the motor. Also seems to have helped shifting but that could also be because I did clutch line and fluid at sametime. and yes the shifter made shifting down low a lot better. for you I would recommend a short shifter BG fluid swap clutch line and motor mounts and go from there I think you would be very happy. Will feel like a new car

OP
OP

g2ney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
I have gotten rid of a lot of it, but hasn't permanently gone away yet it does it way less so far I've done the Steeda short shifter Tri ax, BG Oil swap, bmr motor mounts, and seems to have got rid of 90% of thud. Only does it sometimes now. Also have steeda alignment inserts and car is lowered with Boomba vertical links.

Is this the short shifter you are talking about?

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-tri-ax-short-throw-shifter-2015-all-555-7316/

Thanks!!

OP
OP

g2ney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
I have gotten rid of a lot of it, but hasn't permanently gone away yet it does it way less so far I've done the Steeda short shifter Tri ax, BG Oil swap, bmr motor mounts, and seems to have got rid of 90% of thud. Only does it sometimes now. Also have steeda alignment inserts and car is lowered with Boomba vertical links.
I am sorry, but can you also give me links for bmr motor mount and steeda alignment inserts?

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I've heard a few EB's do the same sound when you slam the clutch down right before letting off the gas.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
No clunks at all with my 3.55. My 15 pp clunked with 3.73

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That link is just for the short shifter not the whole assembly. [MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] can you please give my brotha some assistance . I beleive a tri-ax is in order. :)

As for the bmr motor mounts I'd get them at jegs or on ebay. They are 139 from there. Motor mounts are the same from 2011 to 2016 . I'll run to get some links when I'm on laptop.

OP
OP

g2ney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
So I figured this during the drive. The whining noise is coming from reverse lockout adapter? When I lift that up during the 2nd and 3rd gear (where the sound is the most), the noise goes away completely. Should I replace the reverse lockout to an aftermarket and it will solve the problem?

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My stock shifter rattled I just swapped the whole shifter assembly entirely. With the steeda tri ax shifter not just the shifter stick . Also another one that looks promising is the mgw shifter . You can't go wrong either way . One thing I noticed with the bmr motor mounts is I have less vibration coming through to the shifter . If you go to jegs.come just look for bmr motor mounts for a 2011-2014 . They are the same for our cars and cheaper. When you get the box it says 2015-2016 on it. ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP

g2ney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
My stock shifter rattled I just swapped the whole shifter assembly entirely. With the steeda tri ax shifter not just the shifter stick . Also another one that looks promising is the mgw shifter . You can't go wrong either way . One thing I noticed with the bmr motor mounts is I have less vibration coming through to the shifter . If you go to jegs.come just look for bmr motor mounts for a 2011-2014 . They are the same for our cars and cheaper. When you get the box it says 2015-2016 on it. ;)
Thanks a ton. I am swapping the BG gear oil and rear axle oil tomorrow. So we will see how that goes. If that doesn't solve most of the problem looks like shifter is the next thing to do. To be honest, I am getting little bit used to the noise so the oil job might take care of it. But we'll see :) I might go with Barton since it's cheaper than Steeda or MGW, and heard it's enough good as an aftermarket shifter.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad I was of some help hope everything goes smooth you're going to love the BG fluid I think the rattle is somewhere in the reverse lockout collar though. so you might actually want to change out the shifter. You might be able to get away with just changing the short shifter stick itself only and a Delrin lockout collar. Barton are good shifters I hear as well forgot to add that. You will love the feel of shifting Witchever you choose I'm sure.

NeedMoreHP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT premium pp
My 2016 pp is making the same noise as in the video, I also notice the same noise when coming to a complete stop from slow speeds, to me it sounds like something is loose and shifting around when power is added/removed. Has anyone else found a solution for that noise?

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
My 2016 pp is making the same noise as in the video, I also notice the same noise when coming to a complete stop from slow speeds, to me it sounds like something is loose and shifting around when power is added/removed. Has anyone else found a solution for that noise?
+1, mine sounds like it is in the trans tunnel in the middle right under the driver/passenger

Cplennon17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Mine has been doing the clunking (from 1st to 2nd and sometimes 3rd) since I bought it new, and 8600 miles it finally let go today.

Just trying to shift into 2nd at about 2500 RPMS and lost all clutch pressure. Finally managed to get it barely into 1st to get off the road and my car was bucking all over the place. Going to drop it off to Ford tomorrow :(
Sponsored