Sponsored

AMP ditributing

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Any more info on the Gforce gearset? First I have heard of this.
Sponsored

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Any more info on the Gforce gearset? First I have heard of this.
Check with Ben Calimer - he made a post on FB indicating he will be exclusive distributor / installer for Gforce (transmission Gforce) new MT82 gearset. sounds like it could be a homerun for anyone wanting a really durable and strong MT82... :headbang:

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
DA over 2500 again, car was running very consistent and shifting well - this was the best pass tonight 10.41 @ 135mph
IMG_2948.jpg

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I have MT82 + RXT + basically full weight car. I can only share my experience. My original stock MT82 lasted 1.5 yrs with hundreds of passes with RXT & DRs and then hundreds of passes with RXT & slicks & MGW until I blew up 2nd gear last summer. I honestly believe my stock MT82 would have lasted even longer but I think it probably incurred some damage with the repeated missed shifts and launches on DRs before I moved to the hoosier slicks + MGW + BMR engine mounts + Boomba trans mount. I bought the AMP stage II kit with upgraded 2nd gear, shift pads, etc. I also replaced 3rd gear with OEM because it looked suspect from the missed shifts with stock shifter. AMP claims their 2nd gear is made out of 8620 steel and its "much stronger."

Choice was easy for me, MT82 is lighter, I already have shifter, driveshaft, 3.31 rear gear, and if you use slicks + MGW shifter + good engine & trans mount I think it will take a beating and last a while. I'll run mine at the track almost every weekend so I'll let you know how long it lasts at 700+ RWHP. When my MT82 blows, I'll look to move to a TH400 and change DS and ring & pinion again at that time.

Another option is to wait for Calimer / G-force's 1,000HP gear set and roll with that. It doesn't make sense to me to change driveshaft, shifter, and ring and pinion again and end of with a slightly better manual trans IMHO
Thanks for your opnion man,thats what i was looking for,i also am over 700whp and getting reafy to put a rxt in.I dont buy all the internet folk lore,this was is my 3 clutch and this time im putting one in that will hold my power rather then trying to make one work just because of worring about the trans.Thanks for your honesty because i also believe alot of these trans breaking are due to missed or grinded shifts or powershifting.I will look into this Calimer 1000hp gear set and what it cost.Please keep up us up to date on how your trans holds up as i see u are putting it to the test.:thumbsup:

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
This was a 10.7x pass with a lazy 60' with my pops who turns 75 in a few days lol

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
This was a 10.7x pass with a lazy 60' with my pops who turns 75 in a few days lol

Nice ive been 10.603 but that was with 373's and shifting into 5th.Hoping for low tens with the new clutch and 331 gears.Thats just speed shifting,a little leary to power shift with the stock trans.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Thanks for your opnion man,thats what i was looking for,i also am over 700whp and getting reafy to put a rxt in.I dont buy all the internet folk lore,this was is my 3 clutch and this time im putting one in that will hold my power rather then trying to make one work just because of worring about the trans.Thanks for your honesty because i also believe alot of these trans breaking are due to missed or grinded shifts or powershifting.I will look into this Calimer 1000hp gear set and what it cost.Please keep up us up to date on how your trans holds up as i see u are putting it to the test.:thumbsup:
I was sort of skeptical too mr Tommy V until I rode in my buddy's N/A car with an RXT on normal street tires.

40mph roll, went to upshift into 3rd and it wasn't a no lift shift, nor anything really out of the norm. Just quickly putting the car into third gear. It went in and destroyed it.
I for one am staying clear of this clutch until I hear the MT82 can handle it with swapping out the internals.
Here's the video I made, you can hear the tranny and how awful it sounds afterward.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
I was sort of skeptical too mr Tommy V until I rode in my buddy's N/A car with an RXT on normal street tires.

40mph roll, went to upshift into 3rd and it wasn't a no lift shift, nor anything really out of the norm. Just quickly putting the car .to third gear. It went in taying clear of this clutch until I hear the MT82 can handle it with swapping out the internals.
Here's the video I made, you can hear the tranny and how awful it sounds afterward.
I believe u when it broke with just thst upshift,question i have is how many times before that shift was that gear missed,grinded??Maybe none,shit does happen sometimes.But i really doubt a babied mt82 broke with street tires and the clutch was to blame.Could it happen sure but very unlikely.Their are a shit load of rxt and mt82's running with no problems.Im a firm believer that at the power level im at and alot of other guys your rolling the dice with breakin the trans when racing no matter what clutch,meaning any aftermarket high hp clutch.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I believe u when it broke with just thst upshift,question i have is how many times before that shift was that gear missed,grinded??Maybe none,shit does happen sometimes.But i really doubt a babied mt82 broke with street tires and the clutch was to blame.Could it happen sure but very unlikely.Their are a shit load of rxt and mt82's running with no problems.Im a firm believer that at the power level im at and alot of other guys your rolling the dice with breakin the trans when racing no matter what clutch,meaning any aftermarket high hp clutch.
I can't speak on that behalf because I'm not the owner of the vehicle. But I will say that my STREET tire stock clutch 700+whp supercharged car is running just fine and has been for 20,000 miles/1.5yrs.
I understand that if I put something sticky on the back ass of this car that stock clutch is toast, but the fact that it holds at my power level is pretty ridiculous.
I'm making almost twice the power as his n/a car was. I even shift this pig at 8000rpm.
He's not bringing it anywhere near as high
The only difference? He was running an RXT

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Several more passes since last post, even increased HP a bit by swapping on my Paxton 2200 head unit and no problems with trans. First hit last night in 2500+ DA, softer launch to see what the new blower would do and I bogged and still ran 10.51 @ 135 mph. This would have been a 10.3x pass with a better 60'. Pulled the filter on the 2nd pass and let it eat, car felt like I was headed for a new PB but had to abort at about 1/8 mile when the car got really out of shape and nearly shat myself - 11.0 @ 96 mph on that pass lol. 3rd and final pass aired the slicks back up a couple psi and made a conservative test hit just to erase the memory of almost crashing and car ran another 10.50. I'll make a few changes to my rear shock settings and head out again next weekend...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Nice and good runs for 2500 da,low 10's with some good -da.

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
DA was 1,300. RXT & MT82 and 25+ passes with 5K launches on the AMP rebuild. Don't believe everything you read on the interweb lol
IMG_3027.jpg

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
DA was 1,300. RXT & MT82 and 25+ passes with 5K launches on the AMP rebuild. Don't believe everything you read on the interweb lol
10.2x was with the smaller Vortech V3 back on, full weight car (Paxton 2200 shit itself after just 2-3 test hits)

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
10.2x was with the smaller Vortech V3 back on, full weight car (Paxton 2200 shit itself after just 2-3 test hits)
Man u was lucky when that paxton went out it didnt take your motor with it.

rainmaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Continue to beat on the AMP MT82 with weekly trips to the track. If I can get some better air I think 10.0/10.1s are possible before I install the V-7 JT-b and get some 9s
image2.JPG
image1.JPG
Sponsored