Sponsored

People with MBRP race exhaust....

ridenfish39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
Has yours gotten insanely loud? Mine has been on the car for over 10k miles now. Lately the cold start has been obnoxious, and acceleration too. Is it possible something is ''loose'' inside a muffler or broken? I checked the hangars and they are tight, but I haven't gone over the exhaust thoroughly to see if any welds are busted. This thing is at least as loud as my 12 GT was when I had cat deletes, no resonators and GT500 mufflers.
The only thing I have done recently is put new clamps on the rear section to stop the exhaust from dripping water at the junctions. The stock clamps are garbage and I bought the clamps that look like sleeves, which work very well.
Maybe I'm just getting too old for a loud car :doh:
Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
funny. I have the street version and am wondering the complete opposite. I also have about 10K miles on it. The race definitely doesn't muffle much to begin with. did you ever get the exhaust clamp on the driver side header replaced? Mine was leaking pretty bad. I just replaced it myself with a section of pipe, but I believe there was a tsb about it that required a completely new driver side header.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
MBRP's have never been known to be a quiet exhaust IMO. They probably have become more broken in and now you're experiencing the full loudness

OP
OP

ridenfish39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
I never had the driver side clamp replaced, but I've never noticed a leak either. When it gets cold exhaust leaks are easy to spot since they drip water. I had to readjust the front clamps on the exhaust and replace the rears.
Maybe I'll have some different mufflers welded in. The cold start at 5 am is brutal and I like my girlfriend's neighbors and am moving in with her soon LOL

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Just the opposite for me, the street version I find it almost too loud for my tastes, louder than I wanted or expected. I checked the box 3x that I didn't get a race by mistake.

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Has yours gotten insanely loud?
Not at all, it's been extremely loud from day one during morn start-ups. Other than that sounds the same to me and I have put prob 10-12k miles on the system. For morn start-ups at 5:30-ish I keep the door down till it idles down.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Just the opposite for me, the street version I find it almost too loud for my tastes, louder than I wanted or expected. I checked the box 3x that I didn't get a race by mistake.
I did the same thing when I installed mine. The streets are definitely louder than I expected. They have grown on me or actually have gotten quieter. I'm in the country so early morning starts are no problem for me.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Not here. I was expecting it to be much louder than it is based in everything I've read. Wish it were louder myself.

gtcs07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 magenetic grey premium GT
Im perfectly content with how loud my race is. Honestly not as loud as i thought "race" would be. I work for Subaru and normally race exhausts are just pieces of pipe haha.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Last edited: