Sponsored

Anybody else running a Steeda EcoBoost tune?

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Curious to know if anybody else is running a Steeda tune via the SCT tuner. As good as it is, I don't see tons of talk about their tunes specifically. It has been an eye opening experience so far, compared to my previous Bama tune.
Sponsored

twclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
I've been running a Steeda 93 tune with a Steeda CAI, Krona catless turboback, and MAP IC (amongst other bolt-ons like UPR DVCC, MAP IC pipes, etc.). Without having any other tunes to compare it with, I'm happy with Steeda's tune. It's a hell of a lot more fun to drive than when it was stock. My only complaint would be the occasional overboost CEL.

WhiteEc0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I've been running a Steeda 93 tune with a Steeda CAI, Krona catless turboback, and MAP IC (amongst other bolt-ons like UPR DVCC, MAP IC pipes, etc.). Without having any other tunes to compare it with, I'm happy with Steeda's tune. It's a hell of a lot more fun to drive than when it was stock. My only complaint would be the occasional overboost CEL.
Had the same problem with the overboost code! I no longer have the tune. Figured they would have fixed that by now?

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I had Steeda tune on my 13 Focus ST and was very happy with it. The driveability was much better than the canned SCT tune.

When I got my 15 Ecoboost Mustang I decided to go Steeda again. Again same power but better driveability than the canned SCT tunes.

After I initially installed the tune I made some more modes and wanted the tune modified to take advantage. This is where Steeda fell down. Couldn't get ahold of the guy doing the tunes by phone at all and email response would take a week or more and usually required two emails to get one response. They also told me my mods didn't require a tune update.

I decided to go with an Unleashed tune because of their great reputation and second to none customer service.

After a couple of rounds of dataloging the car had significantly more power than Steeda or SCT and the driveability was superb. Also, each time I sent a datalog I had a revised tune or email saying I was good.

twclark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
I had Steeda tune on my 13 Focus ST and was very happy with it. The driveability was much better than the canned SCT tune.

When I got my 15 Ecoboost Mustang I decided to go Steeda again. Again same power but better driveability than the canned SCT tunes.

After I initially installed the tune I made some more modes and wanted the tune modified to take advantage. This is where Steeda fell down. Couldn't get ahold of the guy doing the tunes by phone at all and email response would take a week or more and usually required two emails to get one response. They also told me my mods didn't require a tune update.

I decided to go with an Unleashed tune because of their great reputation and second to none customer service.

After a couple of rounds of dataloging the car had significantly more power than Steeda or SCT and the driveability was superb. Also, each time I sent a datalog I had a revised tune or email saying I was good.
Does Unleashed take care of you if you upgrade your WGA? Steeda said they c/wouldn't.

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
You would have to call/email him.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

I would like to apologize on behalf of Steeda that you had this issue - we are 100% committed to customer service & that is why we have been able to stay in business for over 28 years.

I will provide this feedback to our leadership team.

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
Warhead

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I've not had any codes at all with this tune (never had codes with Bama either).

I agree the communication on revision requests is painfully slow at this time, and an area Steeda should figure out for snappy response. Even waiting a day or two in 2017 is like an eternity regardless of industry (my life is e-commerce, I run my own online business).

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
Still waiting on my custom tune - requested last Saturday :(

For now, just using the built in tunes on the LiveWire TS+. Which are providing great power for sure, just thinking the Steeda tune might be better.

Arno_ecobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Guys most protuners (Not steeda) take a few days usually to get back to you with a revision. I have LUND and they have been great but usually 2 day turn around time. Which i am happy about as my car isn't a daily. But they state to give them like 4 days usually or something.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I have the Steeda tune with the Steeda CAI. I had it dyno, with the CAI only the rwhp was 279 and 309 torque. When I applied the Steeda tune, it upped my rwhp to 297 and torque to 344. When I have it in the sport mode, the shifts are much smoother and I can exit the corners with more acceleration. None of high revving downshift you get with the stock sport mode. Unfortunately I got sick in February and still recovering. I have not been able to get out on the road have some fun. I have one more piece of info I need to provide to Matt when doing a WOT run, but there is still a bit more recovery I have to do before I feel I can do that safely. Also contact tj@steeda if you are having issue contacting Matt.
Sponsored