Sponsored

JLT vs. FTB Brake Duct Cooling

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Looking for input from members who have installed cooling ducts and their results on road courses .... I cooked my brakes at the last HPDE session and will install some sort of cooling ducts before next spring. I would love to keep my fog lamps and am keeping up with another thread documenting DIY'ing a way to do that.

I remember an old thread wherein a member posted photos of Full Tilt Boogie warping, but cannot locate it now. I am wondering if that was a single event, or something wrong with the setup, or if a fix was done for that.

What are your opinions and suggestions regarding JLT vs. FTB... or is there another better product I am not aware of?

Thanks for any input and help :)
Sponsored

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have the ftbr kit routed from the lower outer grill openings. Simply used a Dremel to remove the honeycomb backing and a heat gun to reshape the supplied fog light funnels to fit over the grill openings. I put some relief cuts on the corners to allow it to slip over and put some bolts through to secure to the grill. Clever zip ties and no rub or warping after 6 hpde.

One thing to note is that there are a few places where sharp metal can and will cut through the duct hose. I used some rubber tubing and zip ties to create a cover for the metal pieces and it's worked great.