Sponsored

MAGNETIC S550 MUSTANG Thread

zerot

"There are little spoilers ahead of the rear tires to reduce drag on all models, and the standard deck-lid sheetmetal incorporates a wind-cheating spoiler. EcoBoost models get an additional spoiler. Performance package models include a splitter that runs around the front and along the sides of the car. It works with a more aggressive rear spoiler to reduce lift in a balanced fashion front and rear. "

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/2015-ford-mustang-1469.html?p=32425
Sponsored

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
yeah
but it seems to be us-spec with some euro flavour (i.e. Spoiler) added on
to be full euro spec, it would have to have turning lights (indicators) somewhere near that 5.0 badge or in the rear view mirror housing...
and we still do not know, how they will solve the amber rear indicator task

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
OK, maybe not all GTs have the lip spoiler............but here's one :)

And this one doesn't :)

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK, maybe not all GTs have the lip spoiler............but here's one :)

And this one doesn't :)

absolutely correct
if you look here

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/FutureVehicles/Ford-Mustang

you will find that Spoiler and you will find, that you will NOT get the colour GUARD (all european Ford Homepages do not have guard!)
so
either they give us that Spoiler to compensate for not giving us guard
or they do not offer us guard, because it is impossible to build guard coloured spoilers:doh::doh::headbonk::headbonk:

Melino

Wow good observation and that is surprising. Why limit the color choices just for the region. It shouldn't be a cost issue....what could it cost to offer one more color for europe?

Sponsored

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow good observation and that is surprising. Why limit the color choices just for the region. It shouldn't be a cost issue....what could it cost to offer one more color for europe?
2 b honest
i don't have the slightest idea, why they do that
probably it is the same reason why they do offer only black tops for the verts during the 2015 model year
as they start the production, certain things may be available only in limited quantities...
remember the Problems chevy had with the camaro 5 colour ibm (imperial blue metallic). they were not able to offer it after they ran out of stock and couldn't get new material, because the only plant in the world producing a vital ingredient of the colour was affected by the Fukushima nuclear power plant catastrophy (yes there was only one factory in the world producing that stuff, it was near Fukushima in Japan). later the changed ibm a bit (due to lack of that stuff) and finally it was replaced by blue ray metallic)
as the polls in this Forum Show, People (mostly us-citizens) seem to like guard, so they are going to satisfy the demand of the home-market
People in other markets will take what they are offered, cause it is the 1st time for overseas markets that the Mustang is on offer by Ford with full warranty and Service
and if you do not know, that there is guard, you don't even miss it

i was hoping for a guard gt coupe with Stone int or a deep Impact blue gt vert with Stone top and Stone int...
well, now i will wait and see what 2016 will bring...

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm hoping someone's just screwed up on the website. That'd be weird for us not to get Guard.........AND IT'S MY FAVOURITE COLOUR :rant:

Still, there's loads of time as we probably won't see any cars in the UK until mid-2015, anyway............unless we get a LHD imported, and then I can have Guard :p

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Can someone explain to me why the hideous antenna is on the trunk of the vert again? Thing is so dated looking.

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone explain to me why the hideous antenna is on the trunk of the vert again? Thing is so dated looking.
well
my bmwz4 35i has the same antenna
the s550 coupe probably used the rear window heating wires. but this would not work with the top down...
the camaro 5th gen uses the trunk mounted rear Spoiler (antenna intregrated there)
the antenna on my z4 is said to have a 2nd Task: to serve as the antenna for the mobile phone to ensure best Performance (so probably the 2nd Task of the antenna of the vert is this my Ford online System...)

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Where else would it go? As you know on the fastback, it's on the roof. I also would presume this is for satellite radio.

Sponsored

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Meh...loses its aggressiveness in vert form. Something about the shape just doesn't click right without a roof.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Where else would it go? As you know on the fastback, it's on the roof. I also would presume this is for satellite radio.

I don't know, maybe it's my ignorance of how it works, but can't they hide antennas in the windshield pillar or something ? Hell I'd rather see a little color matching nub (like the fastback has) in the middle of the rear decklid then the 6-8" black antenna sticking up. I just think it takes away from the whole sleek look as is. Also, with internet radio and mp3s on the smart phones I'm surprised many people give a rats about satellite.

MD

Threads
Reaction score
It's in Europe. At 0:17 you can see the EU license plate on the trailer in front of the car. I agree then the lip spoiler looks to be either a Euro-spec or a new add-on.
If Ford doesn't offer it then the aftermarket will.
pictures on the ford websites have the little spoiler... they've always had the spoiler on the website lol

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I don't know, maybe it's my ignorance of how it works, but can't they hide antennas in the windshield pillar or something ? Hell I'd rather see a little color matching nub (like the fastback has) in the middle of the rear decklid then the 6-8" black antenna sticking up. I just think it takes away from the whole sleek look as is. Also, with internet radio and mp3s on the smart phones I'm surprised many people give a rats about satellite.
I have yet to see a satellite antenna that was hidden. I love satellite radio by the way :)

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]
Sponsored