Sponsored

Traded in my GT for a C7, I'm missing the GT..

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
We took the mustang down to a Chevy dealer. Thought about trading it for a Vette. After a test drive. We decided to keep the stang. Our problem wasnā€™t with the styling or the performance. It was just fitting in the damn thing. At 6.4 and 270. I wasnā€™t comfortable sitting in the Vette. It was a gymnastic event getting in and out. Me and my wife are in our 50s. I donā€™t know how so many old guys are drawn to these cars.
The wife of my wife's boss just bought one.

She is 72 and looks it............:headbang:

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I was actually looking at a corvette convertible before I ordered my stang. But everyone around here that drives them are older. I was also looking at a ZL1 because my Uncle could get me a discount from them. But I heard the visibility sucks in Camaros.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If i could find a base 1LT with the A8 for 47k total i may jump.

Sponsored

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
I traded in my base 2016 Mustang GT for a new 2017 Stingray 2LT a few days ago and I'm really starting to miss the Mustang. I didn't think I would since the C7 is better in nearly every way but that's to be expected from a car costing twice as much. I had a base GT with a tarted up interior and I loved that thing. It did everything I wanted while looking more than good and costing $30k. The whole package is just amazing and Ford did a fantastic job on branding. The vette does everything too well and a bit of excitement is lost because of that. Chevy tried making the base models special with the whole "Stingray" branding but it isn't as effective as the Mustangs branding. If finances allow, I'd love to get back into Mustang in the future. Wouldn't that be the dream, daily driving a vette and having a GT350 or better yet GT500 as a weekend car :cheers:.

As I posted a few days ago,I considered doing the same. But they were $3k off from what I wanted to pay. Fast forward to yesterday and they got to w/i $500 of where I wanted to be,so I took the plunge this afternoon. Just a base 1LT,but I got a great price so I'm happy. I have enjoyed my time here and learned quite a bit. I had a new EB in June and traded it for a new GTPP in September. I enjoyed my time with them but the deals now on '17 Corvettes are just too good to miss.

Last edited:

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Drove a 14' 7 speed vert..... pretty damn fun.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If it were not for my mods i would think about a trade up. Don't think any dealer would touch my car with the headers and no cats.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Went to a Chevy dealer Friday and traded my GT for a 09 Vette in Atomic orange. Itā€™s a 1 owner in mint condition with only 30,000 miles. The guy hardly ever drove it and was garage kept. Still has the original tires from when it was new. No modifications all original. Getting new tires put on this week. Loved my GT but always wanted a Vette. Wanted a C7 but a little out of my price range even used.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Went to a Chevy dealer Friday and traded my GT for a 09 Vette in Atomic orange. Itā€™s a 1 owner in mint condition with only 30,000 miles. The guy hardly ever drove it and was garage kept. Still has the original tires from when it was new. No modifications all original. Getting new tires put on this week. Loved my GT but always wanted a Vette. Wanted a C7 but a little out of my price range even used.
I had an ā€˜09 auto bought used with 12k mi. It was Ok. But the targa roof squeaked a lot. I could never fix it. Rode rough too and tons of tire noise. The auto shifted pretty slow too. Hopefully you got a manual.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I had an ā€˜09 auto bought used with 12k mi. It was Ok. But the targa roof squeaked a lot. I could never fix it. Rode rough too and tons of tire noise. The auto shifted pretty slow too. Hopefully you got a manual.
No squeaks or rattles. It rides great. Auto shifts quick. Thing has way more power than my GT does. Handles better also. My GT was non PP and the suspension felt floaty so I put the track pack suspension on then it took bumps hard. It still never really rode good imo. The worst part of my GT experience was my shitty MT82 trans. No matter what fix I did it shifted notchy as hell. Really hated that transmission.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
I was shopping for a Mustang or Camaro back in June. Ended up with a LS3 C6 with 40k miles Auto as well. While most GTs/SS were 30k I got the Corvette for 26k. I Couldnt pass it up.

Took off the stock runflats for the new Conti's ExteremContact sports. Runs sooo much quiter/smoother and much more grip. Also got a Diablo tuner to remove the TorqueManegmentSystem. The TMS basically limits the car to 380hp/torque in 1st and 2nd gear. So now I have much more power and toque down low. Also improves shifts quickness and firmness.

I liked the Targa top when I got it. But the more I drove it, the more I loved it. Takes 10 sec to take off/on and you get a nice look with it off.

What I like most is the light weight, the back road driving is supurbe. Its turn in great. Just a very precise cars.

Gonna enjoy it for now and look to get a C7 in the future. Its crazy a used C7 is around 38-40k now. When I specs out a 18 Mustang it was 45k.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
No squeaks or rattles. It rides great. Auto shifts quick. Thing has way more power than my GT does. Handles better also. My GT was non PP and the suspension felt floaty so I put the track pack suspension on then it took bumps hard. It still never really rode good imo. The worst part of my GT experience was my shitty MT82 trans. No matter what fix I did it shifted notchy as hell. Really hated that transmission.
Really? I thought the auto was so so at best. I heard the MT82s get notchy. The ā€˜17 PPs I drove felt great but they were new. The lack of real low end grunt kept me from pulling the trigger.

I liked the C6 Camaro 1SS manual. If prices drop, Iā€™ll probably go for that. The Mustang is a little roomier with better visibility but the Camaro just has the wow factor for me when driving. The C7 Vette is more than I want to spend.

OP
OP
Coconut

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
The worst part of my GT experience was my shitty MT82 trans. No matter what fix I did it shifted notchy as hell. Really hated that transmission.
I loved everything about the S550 Mustang, except for the notchy/noisy MT82 and driveshaft vibration.
Sponsored