Sponsored

350 vs 350R?

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
As a GT350 owner, if you can get an R and afford an R, get an R. :D I could not get an R, so I got a GT350. I love it, but like I said, if I'd have been able to get an R I would have for sure.
Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
“Same price” would mean the R would be discounted well below msrp. Hell yeah, I’d take it. I’d pull the race tires off immediately and replace with non R tires and enjoy the steal.
That’s my exact point.

Reasons people offer why one doesn’t need an R are financially motivated. There’s a place for that rationale (if money wasn’t a factor I’d be in an Agera). But if the OP is considering a R or non R ... then hopefully he has already worked the financial aspect out. With financial considerations as a non factor between the 2 cars I’m certain we would all opt for the R.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
That’s my exact point.

Reasons people offer why one doesn’t need an R are financially motivated. There’s a place for that rationale (if money wasn’t a factor I’d be in an Agera). But if the OP is considering a R or non R ... then hopefully he has already worked the financial aspect out. With financial considerations as a non factor between the 2 cars I’m certain we would all opt for the R.
while i somewhat agree with you i disagree. i can afford an R but i was not willing to listen to all the garbage the salesmen spew and did not want one bad enough to call a million dealers. i like the way the base looks better too. if my salesman had given me the choice the mystique of the R would have me go with it but i will not get rid of my base car for one. it came down to not wanting to listen to bullshit for weeks on end for me

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Don't get All worked up. This same thread has been made in a few different occasions, always the same outcome.

Sponsored

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That’s my exact point.

It depends on your definition of “financial”.

To me, it wasn’t worth an ADM. At all. Financially speaking, it offered nothing to justify spending more than R msrp. And, honestly, it wasn’t worth a huge effort to not only search the country in the hopes of finding that rare msrp deal, but then likely having to compromise on color, and hoping it was loaded and not a strip version.

However, like I mentioned earlier, if the R came with 580hp, then I’d have a R.

But it was not whether I could afford it.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
But it was not whether I could afford it.
Yeah that wasn’t what I was trying to imply. I’m not a “you didn’t get an R because you can’t afford it” guy. More “you didn’t get an R because it didn’t make financial sense to you” and there’s obviously nothing wrong with that.

I just push back when people start talking about no need for an R because you’re not Pobst so it won’t matter or depends how much you plan to track it etc. those are not the real considerations all other things being equal. If they were, as mentioned above, we’d be in Miatas or Priuses (or Camaro’s lol).

Last edited:

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
If I wanted a track car get the R with no electronics package, if I want something streetable don't and get the conv pkg.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I bought the car on behalf of those who couldn't afford it.

Sponsored

thackl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mclaren 720s,X5,17 Raptor,c63s edeition1,1098SFS
I bought the car on behalf of those who couldn't afford it.
LOL, you have no idea.. I wanted back seats to take kids to cars & coffee and heated/air cond seat for me. Ford hit it out of the park with this car. I love mine! That said, you aren't getting that much more with an R. You want to go faster on the track for the same $$, get a ZL1 or corvette. I enjoy the engine and transmission and last time I checked, they were same on R vs non-R. My 720S will smoke both of them anytime, anywhere and an any conditions. My friends nearly here gt2rs and many other cars will too.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
LOL, you have no idea.. I wanted back seats to take kids to cars & coffee and heated/air cond seat for me. Ford hit it out of the park with this car. I love mine! That said, you aren't getting that much more with an R. You want to go faster on the track for the same $$, get a ZL1 or corvette. I enjoy the engine and transmission and last time I checked, they were same on R vs non-R. My 720S will smoke both of them anytime, anywhere and an any conditions. My friends nearly here gt2rs and many other cars will too.
Pretty sure he was joking.

That said — you have a 720s, but take a mustang to cars and coffee?? Alrighty then.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I was simply joking to lighten up the arguments between people over what they can afford. I'd take a 720s over a hyper-mustang any day.

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
I could afford the R.....at MSRP! I won't pay ADM for anything....it won't come back to you. I had a line on a R for about 30 minutes. It was $15k over....I called on a whim, just to see the ADM. They went down to $10k over, I said no. The salesman basically told I was stealing it at that price. I simply said the I'd pay $10k over if I go to trade it in...they'd have to give $10k of market value of my trade in.....radio silence. If I could have got a R at MSRP, I would have done it....I go my "standard" GT350 a little under MSRP. The way I look at it, I saved abou $20k!