Sponsored

More info on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I like the looks and look forward to an unbiased review.I wonder what the wear rating will be. My P Zeros are only 2 weeks old but by the time I need to replace them Michelin will be on the 9S. Exact size replacement for '17 PP.
You'll be lucky to get 12k miles out of the rears, though I've got almost 30k on the fronts, and they still have decent tread life left.

JR
Sponsored

Lucky13Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Purple
Hopefully you'll get 25,000 miles or more with moderate abuse. My Pzero's lasted 15,000 with light abuse and now I'm about to take my MPSS's off at 24,000 miles with moderate plus abuse. I'm looking forward to all seasons this time so I can enjoy the car more than 5 months a year. Below 60 degrees the MPSS spin almost as much as the Pzero's.
edit: I forgot they're not a square setup!

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
I have had the Pilotsport 4S tires on my 16 GT for a few months now, I love them. They are one of the best tires ive owned so far. I have 275/35/19 front, 325/30/19 rear. Even with my blower they still hook pretty good.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Hopefully you'll get 25,000 miles or more with moderate abuse. My Pzero's lasted 15,000 with light abuse and now I'm about to take my MPSS's off at 24,000 miles with moderate plus abuse. I'm looking forward to all seasons this time so I can enjoy the car more than 5 months a year. Below 60 degrees the MPSS spin almost as much as the Pzero's.
edit: I forgot they're not a square setup!
I hear ya. I just got some PilotSport A/S3+s put on. Didn't realize how much these tires grip at any temperature until I put them to the test lol. :thumbsup:

Plus, they should last 40-45k miles.

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
I have PS4S 295/35/20 on my 17 Euro GT. Love these tires. I'm no expert by any means, but I haven't had any wheelhop since I switched to these. I did have some with the P-Zero. They seem to have better contact to the ground, especially when cold over the stock ones. I think they are more stickier, since I can hear they pick up some dirt and other stuff when I start the car. Don't remember any of that before. The PS4S in wet conditions are ways better also. Makes me more confident when it pours. Still no WOT in gears 1-2-3 tho, unless Ur into tailfishing:headbonk:
Wonder if my online tiredealer will carry the designated version for the Mustang. I've seen they have some for certain Mercedes.

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
How long do you think a set will last on the GT? lol
been running square PSS 275/40/19 and the tire wear is even, I havent rotated once since I put them on 9k miles ago with a track weekend, they are just a tad under 8/32"

PS4S will be even better as they improved tread life over PSS

Reactions: Ebm

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I have PS4S 295/35/20 on my 17 Euro GT. I think they are more stickier, since I can hear they pick up some dirt and other stuff when I start the car.
My car has always done the pickup thing on the stock tires when I'm driving through parking lots. It's not so much when they're cold, or when it's a cooler day, but on a warm day, they pick up everything.

My wife just bought a Mercedes C300 Sport with the AMG package, which comes with Pirelli P Zero run flats. They're basically the same crappy tire, but offer run flat capability. They're more expensive, last perhaps even a shorter time than the standard P Zeroes, and I can't wait to get rid of them. She noticed the pickup, right after buying it, and couldn't figure out what the heck it was. She was amazed when I told her it was the tires picking up crap from the road and slinging it against the underbody of the car.

JR

Last edited:

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Couldn't wait for the PS4S and the PSS's were too much. Went with Conti Extreme Contacts and love 'em!
I first went with Contis because the PSS line is so damn expensive. Everyone says they're worth it, but man they're a hurtin' on the wallet. I expect the 4S to be phenomenal.

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I like the looks and look forward to an unbiased review.I wonder what the wear rating will be. My P Zeros are only 2 weeks old but by the time I need to replace them Michelin will be on the 9S. Exact size replacement for '17 PP.
LOL pZeros will not last you that long :lol:!

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
stuntman said the PS4S is more evolutionary over the PSS, better wet traction and tread life over the PSS and that Conti Extreme Contact Sport is on par with PSS but a good deal less expensive than PS4S. Dont forget the 60 day try it out deal with Continental

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Probably putting these PS4S tires in 285/35/19 on my Forgestar F14's 19X10 square setup. They're pretty good from all the reviews I've seen.

Catbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have the PS4S tire on my 2015 GT. 305/35/19. Grips like a champ.
Different size but same result, They are AMAZING compared to the stock PZEROS. Have taken them down to mid to upper 40's and are not unusable or scary like the Pirellis were. Obviously cold and wet you still cant get on it from a stop, but I had no issued finding grip in every other situation.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Can't wait to try them on my car next summer in comparison to my regular super sports. Hoping they make them in 285/35/19 and 305/35/19.
Sponsored