z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
Somebody fucked up i would go to Ford website to make sure all of this stuff legit
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
If only the forged wheels came in black

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
is it just me or did they get rid of the electronic seat controls now base cars get manual control also i noticed you can no longer get recaros ona base car has to be premium wth i was thinking about switching but refuse to spend over 40k on a mustang gt for that ill just spend the extra money and get the gt350

Sponsored

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
Auto might not be durable enough for extended track day use?
A very good point. And, you're probably right. But is a trans cooler that hard to install? This A10 is used in the ZL1 and Raptor...that is heavy duty. This Mustang is much lighter and has much less torque than both of those vehicles. This new auto certainly can handle the mechanical stress of track duty with much less torque and weight. If you are right, shame on Ford...IMO.

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
Recaro seats not available on base trim = fail. Maybe the PP2 will have Recaro's, if not I won't be buying one.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Why get those just buy some from the after market :cool:
oh i agree but we dont know the weights of them and if they are halfway decent then getting them in black would be nice when getting the pp2 and not being forced to upgrade to the aftermarket cause they dont look bad.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
A very good point. And, you're probably right. But is a trans cooler that hard to install? This A10 is used in the ZL1 and Raptor...that is heavy duty. This Mustang is much lighter and has much less torque than both of those vehicles. This new auto certainly can handle the mechanical stress of track duty with much less torque and weight. If you are right, shame on Ford...IMO.
I think the Auto still has small clutches or synchronization that wears over time. 6R80 will need rebuild from wear if tracked heavily for a year or two. Its a matter of the manual just being more durable or having lower service cost.
6R80 is almost cheaper to junkyard swap than rebuild but 3k gets you beefed up rebuild.

Recaro seats not available on base trim = fail. Maybe the PP2 will have Recaro's, if not I won't be buying one.
It will have Recaro option, hopefully some 4 or 6 point support. I cant imagine a nearly 500 hp car marketed for track use without race seats supporting 6 or at least 4 point harness.

If you go to a track day you will see 6,5,4,3 point harnesses and belts. The recent Mustang Recaros support 4point which is better than a seatbelt; however, the speeds and capabilities of these cars has reached GT3 levels from a decade ago. After your first wreck or seeing someone else, you seriously consider 5 or 6 point. If concerned about reproductive damage then you lean towards 6 point as the cost increase over 5 point exceeds value of err umm other personal hardware. Google degloving race harness injury? Seen fewer 5 lately and predict it will disappear eventually.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I am feeling I might get the accent package cause it seems cheaper way to get to 19" but those wheels are not pretty... I like the black badges, but an easy way is to swap out badges, but the decklid requires a new applique to replace a regular chrome GT with a black one around $200, so I might just throw it in as an option so I get the black badges/decklid and then keep the 19" tires and swap to a better wheel? I am digging the new FRPP Ecoboost PP 19" dark stainless wheel that is now available for around $160 each.

But this brings up another concern.... You can now delete the spoiler if you option the 2018 black accent package..... the previous years models you could not delete it... Now is this true or not? I do not want the spoiler.

Last edited:

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Is it possible to get a pdf linked with the original post?

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
Any word on the cost of the 647 wheels?
They seem to make most optional wheels $1000 every time so thats my guess. At $4000 for the PP already lets hope they stop overcharging for everything just because.
The more I want stuff for this car, the more it makes me realize I am spending $45,000 on a mustang. :rant:

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
They seem to make most optional wheels $1000 every time so thats my guess. At $4000 for the PP already lets hope they stop overcharging for everything just because.
The more I want stuff for this car, the more it makes me realize I am spending $45,000 on a mustang. :rant:
$1000 is a no brainer for forged wheels - I'll pay $2K if that's what it costs.

And if you do base, 301A, PP, and forged wheels, you are barely over 40. And they will sell the car for under 40 for sure

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Doesn't 301A get you 9 speakers?
It looks like you are right--this customization guide doesn't seem to show any change in the sound system for 301A, but Ford's build and price website does show the 9-speaker version with 301A. But even 301A is $2,000, and I'm not sure I need anything in that package (besides the stereo).
Sponsored