Sponsored

2019 GT500 Caught Benchmarking Porsche 911 GT3

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
No one wants a ~$100k Mustang because it needed all new front end structure/sheet metal and underbody, bespoke to a low volume model.
Was that when they evaluated the AWD option?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Very interesting, guess they are going to keep everyone guessing with whatever this Model will be called

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
No one wants a ~$100k Mustang because it needed all new front end structure/sheet metal and underbody, bespoke to a low volume model.
Isn't that what they did with the 350?

With all due respect, if this car is just a SC V8, I'm gonna nod and yawn, no matter what the power output is.

The sweetness of the FPC was the balls to have the idea and then the brass balls to engineer and produce it. It's a true engineering marvel. How many American FPC v8's have been produced since the 1940's?

How many American SC v8's have been produced since 2000?

How many American TT v8's have been produced since ever?

Basically, if the GT500 is a SC car, I'm out. Hopefully there'll be a NA B429.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis

With all due respect, if this car is just a SC V8, I'm gonna nod and yawn, no matter what the power output is.

The sweetness of the FPC was the balls to have the idea and then the brass balls to engineer and produce it. It's a true engineering marvel. How many American FPC v8's have been produced since the 1940's?

Im with you on this one. Would take a lower HP NA over a supercharged car. What B hinted is that it wont be supercharged the same as the competitors, so that is something to set it apart. DCTwill help also. Im truly on the fence with this one. When unveiled, ill give thr final verdict. If the corvette mid engine comes TT. Ill possibly jump ship...unless...a NA 427 mach1 shows up.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!

Im with you on this one. Would take a lower HP NA over a supercharged car. What B hinted is that it wont be supercharged the same as the competitors, so that is something to set it apart. Fct, that will help also. Im truly in the fence with this one. Ehen unveiled, ill give thr final verdict. If the corvette mid engine comes TT. Ill possibly jump ship...unless...sn NA 427 mach1 shows up.
I agree with you guys but more so because I'm not a supercharger guy unless it's a Centri. Id much rather see turbo or NA.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Never in the cards.
Right on.

AWD in an S550 chassis? Yeah, never happening. I know this has been blabbed about before in the past. So here's my one fundamental question that everyone refuses to answer and gets all pissed off about because they can't answer; they just talk out of their ass and pray for pipe dreams: where in the actual fvck do you think AWD hardware is going to go underneath this car? It can hardly provision its own engine much less additional driveline hardware.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

Agree on all points. I'm also not thrilled about a RWD 800+ HP car, unless it's also mid engine and can hook up the power. Showy spinning of tires at any speed is not my thing.

Im with you on this one. Would take a lower HP NA over a supercharged car. What B hinted is that it wont be supercharged the same as the competitors, so that is something to set it apart. Fct, that will help also. Im truly in the fence with this one. Ehen unveiled, ill give thr final verdict. If the corvette mid engine comes TT. Ill possibly jump ship...unless...sn NA 427 mach1 shows up.
If there's something unique and amazing about the supercharger, maybe. It still has to hook up or it will just seem like a useless bit of "look at me" for someone to cruise around in, polish and look at but never to thrash mercilessly at the road course.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Agree on all points. I'm also not thrilled about a RWD 800+ HP car, unless it's also mid engine and can hook up the power. Showy spinning of tires at any speed is not my thing.

If there's something unique and amazing about the supercharger, maybe. It still has to hook up or it will just seem like a useless bit of "look at me" for someone to cruise around in, polish and look at but never to thrash mercilessly at the road course.
If cooling isnt there, ford will be banking on the show and shine crowd. As B noted, cooling should be good.
Car will be much faster than a 350 on a course and forget about a 1/4 mile. It will take throttle management, unlike the 350 where you can mash the gas practically anywhere.
I have no doubt ford will do a good job on this one. Will it have the magic of the 350...thats a tall feat. The 350 feels incredible. If ford can set the same balance SOMEHOW keep it from being top heavy, they will have another winner. The double caliper brakes will feel like hitting a brick wall.

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06

I totally agree. If it's not going to be a drag strip car and ride on street tires nor be AWD how is it going to remotely put the power down. I'm very interested to see what they engineer for that suspension.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA

I agree. One of the reasons I sold my 11 GT500 and bought the GT350. The FPC engine is a marvel. That takes well to being turbo'ed. If I want to go with that option, I can. I did not want another SC car...been there, done that, and though it was tons of fun, I'm tired of wearing that style of T-shirt !

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I totally agree. If it's not going to be a drag strip car and ride on street tires nor be AWD how is it going to remotely put the power down. I'm very interested to see what they engineer for that suspension.
My guess is 325s, nannies and skip shifting DCT.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I would hate that Ford would spend all this time and effort on a SC yawn. The Hellcat beat everyone to 700hp... the Demon shut everyone up at 800hp, with the option of 1k hp. I respect Dodge for that but everyone knows their cars suffer once the wheel turns left or right.

The ZL1 is a respectable track-capable car, the 1LE a beast, but again, you're at the mercy of the whine. Do you want some cheese with that?...

My point is that there are already dragstrip queens and trackmeister SC cars... lets go outside the box for once.
Sponsored

Last edited: