tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
Looks like if you choose the gt performance pkg, you can only get the black or the late arrival nickel plated 19's, the 20" wheel isn't an option, isn't that weird . I'm new to the s550 mustang, so I'm really confused-HELP, ME UNDERSTAND, THANKS :confused:
Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Could possibly be clearance issues with the Brembo brakes, however I believe the Foundry 20' wheels fit but were very close...maybe it's too close for comfort?

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
This was the case with the pre-facelift version as well. Performance Package means no optional 20".

It probably has to do with the PP suspension having been tuned to the staggered tire size of the PP wheels. The 20" wheel is one size only front and rear. It's actually already progression that they are now offering one alternative wheel in a staggered setup, even though it's currently marked late availability.

Anyway aftermarket wheels aplenty.

OP
OP
tonyd1

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
This was the case with the pre-facelift version as well. Performance Package means no optional 20".

It probably has to do with the PP suspension having been tuned to the staggered tire size of the PP wheels. The 20" wheel is one size only front and rear. It's actually already progression that they are now offering one alternative wheel in a staggered setup, even though it's currently marked late availability.

Anyway aftermarket wheels aplenty.
THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE, BUT WHY DOES THE AFTERMACKET SELL SO MANY 20" WHEELS TO S550 OWNERS WITHOUT ANY ISSUES, i'M CONFUSED!-SORRY ABOUT THE CAP LOCK

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE, BUT WHY DOES THE AFTERMACKET SELL SO MANY 20" WHEELS TO S550 OWNERS WITHOUT ANY ISSUES, i'M CONFUSED!-SORRY ABOUT THE CAP LOCK
Why wouldn't they ? Your question does not make sense.

PP and '15-17' forced 19" wheels, either black or nickel. Same thing on '18.
Very little good tire availability in 20" wide sizes anyway, so if you're after performance, you don't want big heavy wheels and lousy tires...

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It's not the size of the wheels. It has to do with back spacing. Aftermarket obviously has more choice to allow wheels to sit further out from the hub so more clearance.
Factory wheels are generally pretty conservative in terms of back spacing as we find out if you have the front wheels brought out without mud flaps, you can sand blast the rear quarter panels.
Sponsored