Sponsored

What's wrong with my backup camera?

KGStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingo Silver Ecoboost PP
I started noticing this recently (see picture), but my memory is so bad that I can't recall if it was always like that or not. I started paying more attention to the screen after I installed the Diode Dynamics reverse LED bulb to see how much brighter and how clearer the image was (It didn't make a difference at all, it might even be less bright) anyways so at first i thought it might be a reflection off of something because of how bright the LED bulb was suppose to be, but then realized (duh) that the light is way lower than the camera, so I don't know what's wrong, pretty sure is not normal, just trying to get you guys' opinion on it please.

Look at the bottom of the image, could it be water that got inside the housing?
IMAG3574.jpg
Sponsored

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
It all looks normal to me. Are you just now noticing your decklid?

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Looks like tree reflections and a little of the mustang logo on the back there.

A quick way to test is get a friend and have them run their finger along the rear decklid while you look at the camera image. If it's something truly in the lens, it'll appear to be above their finger, but if it's just the reflection of the logo, their finger will be above it and block it.

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
the bottom is actually the bottom of your trunk. no water, perfectly normal. its suppose to look like that. the camera is picking up the GT badge

OP
OP
KGStang

KGStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingo Silver Ecoboost PP
OK, thank you guys.
Sponsored