2015 GT350 Mustang Options Pricing

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I called it a couple of months back....Base GT350 for under 50K.

Surprisingly affordable as per FoMoCo.

Just saying
That's not calling it...that a over under 50/50 I called in on 4/28/15 !//lol
Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
That's not calling it...that a over under 50/50 I called in on 4/28/15 !//lol
I actually posted a 49K based on what a FoMoCo birdy told me way back when. I don't recall the date.

But a lot of us were more spot on calling it in the 40's. Even with the "R" being more like in the 60's.

Now its all up to the dealers.

Oh joy.

PonyPower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
5th gen Mustang, Brz, Trans am, track car
I called it a couple of months back....Base GT350 for under 50K.

Surprisingly affordable as per FoMoCo.

Just saying
I'm actually incredibly disappointed in Ford. They in my opinion set the dealers up for failure. They know that the vehicle is going to have far more demand then supply, and they drop the price low to make it seem affordable. Then they decide to build them in such a way the general public won't be able to get them for 15, 16, or 17.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I'm actually incredibly disappointed in Ford. They in my opinion set the dealers up for failure. They know that the vehicle is going to have far more demand then supply, and they drop the price low to make it seem affordable. Then they decide to build them in such a way the general public won't be able to get them for 15, 16, or 17.
I've heard at a minimum they'll build around 5 to 6 thousand a year. There is the possibility for more just like the GT500 some years. Good deals under MSRP can be had to those who wait until next spring.

Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
How is that exactly?

I think he means that when the car does hit the ground... its going to be hard to find one. Assuming there are 5000 people every year that wants one. And you just happen to be that kind of shopper that likes to browse the inventory first.

1. It will be difficult to find a dealer that will honor MSRP
2. It will be difficult to find one the way you want it if you don't pre-order it
3. There won't be inventory to browse the different options.
4. Test drives likely won't be a common option if the car on the lot is already spoken for.

I know if my pre-order is test driven before I pick it up I'm going to be seriously pissed.

If anything I'd want it delivered to my ranch. Direct from the factory.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I think he means that when the car does hit the ground... its going to be hard to find one. Assuming there are 5000 people every year that wants one. And you just happen to be that kind of shopper that likes to browse the inventory first.

1. It will be difficult to find a dealer that will honor MSRP
2. It will be difficult to find one the way you want it if you don't pre-order it
3. There won't be inventory to browse the different options.
4. Test drives likely won't be a common option if the car on the lot is already spoken for.

He made it sound like this was all Ford's fault though.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

Yup he did come off that way. I think he misdirected. We all know it's not FoMoCo "skewing" things up after those allocations leave their plant. And if he didn't know....now he knows.

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Because at $49,995, which all the media will pick up, it makes for great "free" publicity as great bang for the buck at such a low price. AND FORD is intentionally doing that. They want the media all over the under $50k bit. BUT in reality you will never see one for that price. The naivety and lack of business knowledge, especially the automotive business, some of you guys display is just stunning.

What you can see is ADM going straight down the road and once Ford realizes how much ADM dealers are getting you can anticipate a price increase with the 17MY (see the MSRP price jump from the 12 Boss 302 to the 13 Boss 302), once they have gotten their free publicity it will be price correction time that the media will not take notice of as there will be new cars to write about.. THUS if you have half a brain and a dealer offers you the "perfect" 16 for say $2000 over MSRP you'd better wake up to the fact that MSRP will probably be higher with the 17 MY car and maybe that $2k over is actually gonna be the better deal in the long run.

Of course there are always exceptions...but MOST dealers will ORDER for stock for 2016 MY...they ain't gonna order a stripper GT350....(people will generally overbuy then under buy--aka get the options they want and some extras they don't rather then not getting the basic options they really want).

Most GT350s will be dealer ordered with the Tech Pack without the black roof (sorry- two tone is a tie into the 1969 Bud Moore Boss 302 trans-am program--NOT a Shelby item-hard to run fully body LeMans stripes with the 2 tone roof, stupid idea if your custom ordering unless your keeping for life).

Most dealers will play it safe: white with blue stripes, some metallic dark grey, black, red, and yellow. Much fewer Av. Grey (stupid color for a GT350 in my opinion) and Orange (both deal breaker colors for me).

Custom orders will be limited to early birds who have found a cooperative dealer (congrats to you folks) and those willing to wait for a 17/18.

Those citing "this spring" will be "deal time" are seriously delusional. MY16 is NOT gonna be a time for deals except for a few isolated areas in the country that have dealers that get a LARGE percentage of cars. With most dealers only getting 1-2-3 cars "deals" ain't gonna happen unless the dealer goes off the deep end with a bad combo -stripper or track pack only and a market limiting color-say Orange--note I'm not saying Orange is a bad choice if that is your color. I just don't want it and if that is the only R I could buy, I ain't buying-- I'm just saying that most dealers will feel the same way and are not gonna buy one for stock in that color.

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
i agree with most of what you said, my GM today was debating what to order (tech vs. track pack) for his own inventory, he is not even going to consider ordering a stripper model.

Also he only gets 1R per year, he said he will order the top of the line package.

Because at $49,995, which all the media will pick up, it makes for great "free" publicity as great bang for the buck at such a low price. AND FORD is intentionally doing that. They want the media all over the under $50k bit. BUT in reality you will never see one for that price. The naivety and lack of business knowledge, especially the automotive business, some of you guys display is just stunning.

What you can see is ADM going straight down the road and once Ford realizes how much ADM dealers are getting you can anticipate a price increase with the 17MY (see the MSRP price jump from the 12 Boss 302 to the 13 Boss 302), once they have gotten their free publicity it will be price correction time that the media will not take notice of as there will be new cars to write about.. THUS if you have half a brain and a dealer offers you the "perfect" 16 for say $2000 over MSRP you'd better wake up to the fact that MSRP will probably be higher with the 17 MY car and maybe that $2k over is actually gonna be the better deal in the long run.

Of course there are always exceptions...but MOST dealers will ORDER for stock for 2016 MY...they ain't gonna order a stripper GT350....(people will generally overbuy then under buy--aka get the options they want and some extras they don't rather then not getting the basic options they really want).

Most GT350s will be dealer ordered with the Tech Pack without the black roof (sorry- two tone is a tie into the 1969 Bud Moore Boss 302 trans-am program--NOT a Shelby item-hard to run fully body LeMans stripes with the 2 tone roof, stupid idea if your custom ordering unless your keeping for life).

Most dealers will play it safe: white with blue stripes, some metallic dark grey, black, red, and yellow. Much fewer Av. Grey (stupid color for a GT350 in my opinion) and Orange (both deal breaker colors for me).

Custom orders will be limited to early birds who have found a cooperative dealer (congrats to you folks) and those willing to wait for a 17/18.

Those citing "this spring" will be "deal time" are seriously delusional. MY16 is NOT gonna be a time for deals except for a few isolated areas in the country that have dealers that get a LARGE percentage of cars. With most dealers only getting 1-2-3 cars "deals" ain't gonna happen unless the dealer goes off the deep end with a bad combo -stripper or track pack only and a market limiting color-say Orange--note I'm not saying Orange is a bad choice if that is your color. I just don't want it and if that is the only R I could buy, I ain't buying-- I'm just saying that most dealers will feel the same way and are not gonna buy one for stock in that color.