2015 5.0 on Fire literally

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Everyone on here so quick to jump on Ford needs to read the original post more. A dealership had just completed work on the vehicle. There are any number of parts that could have had warranty repair that could have lead to this. Before you jump on Ford let's see what parts were worked on and what the dealership could have done to cause this. Ford owes the OP nothing if the DEALERSHIP caused the problem. Get the facts first then bark up the right tree. If it turns out to be an issue from production I agree Ford owes a car but until then the much more likely suspect is the dealership. 6000 miles is a lot for an issue like this to suddenly occur from a production problem.
Sponsored

OP
OP
5ohslow

5ohslow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
null
Vehicle(s)
null
I'm ok. The vehicle was just picked up from a local dealership and I had the heated/cooled seats replaced on both sides. I also had a small hole that was on a seam weld on the hood looked at. They also did a windshield test and we're looking for some things around the cowl.

The car drove fine after I picked it up. Didn't notice anything immediately wrong.

Also when I picked it up the ford dealership left the old seat cushions, covers and the boxes the new ones came in, in the car. On warranty replaced parts are those usually given to the customer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Everyone on here so quick to jump on Ford needs to read the original post more. A dealership had just completed work on the vehicle. There are any number of parts that could have had warranty repair that could have lead to this. Before you jump on Ford let's see what parts were worked on and what the dealership could have done to cause this. Ford owes the OP nothing if the DEALERSHIP caused the problem. Get the facts first then bark up the right tree. If it turns out to be an issue from production I agree Ford owes a car but until then the much more likely suspect is the dealership. 6000 miles is a lot for an issue like this to suddenly occur from a production problem.
You clearly don't know how warranty works. FORD reimburses the dealership for all warranty parts/labor. Where do you think the money comes from, the money out back at the dealership's money tree?

OP had nothing done in the engine bay that would've started this per se; and the story always has been smoke came from under the hood since the story broke.

Even if the dealership did something negligent in repair that started the fire, either it's insurance will cover or Ford itself will. It's Ford's name on the the car at the end of the day and they don't want bad publicity over one $40k vehicle.

Sponsored

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic
Ford dealership, Ford Manufacturing, it's all still Ford, a new car should not catch fire! The details can be sorted out, but someone in the Ford family will be paying for this!

Best of luck in getting this settled and I'm happy to hear you're OK!

One last thing, after seeing what you had worked on, I'd be leaning toward electrical fire related to the seats, even though the fire started under the hood... all things electrical start under the hood regardless of the end power load.

Last edited:

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
thats terrible man im sorry to see that, its a good thing you are out okay

V6Convrt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015V6Convrt 051A 3.55 Magnetic
Just picked my car back up from the dealership for some warranty issues. Driving on the freeway and noticed some white smoke coming from the hood. It progressively got worse so I pulled over into the shoulder. Instinctively thought the car was over heating and it was steam from the radiator. So I proceeded to pop the hood as flames burst from the edges of the hood.

Here's the outcome.

Insurance is going to love me. There were no mods to the car. It had 6k miles.

83eea58527b2657d3d02a2f303da386f.jpg
82fbbf2890dae2514dd4b1338614fdab.jpg
37881853f2aaad218855930ca4db3cb6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heartbreaking to see!! I,m going to get a 5lb extingisher for mine today. About $50 and who knows it might help me or some stranger. I have seen a situation where a 5 pounder could have easily saved the vehicle. Unfortunately we all have the "It only happens to other people outlook on life" I have two in the house, now need two more, one for each vehicle.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ford dealership, Ford Manufacturing, it's all still Ford, a new car should not catch fire! The details can be sorted out, but someone in the Ford family will be paying for this!

Bets of luck in getting this settled and I'm happy to hear you're OK!
Ford Motor Co is not the same as Ford Dealerships. They are entirely separate organizations. Of course a new vehicle should not catch fire. The anecdotal evidence smells like the dealer missed something during a repair, but it is hard to know for sure. We're all speculating so until there is hard evidence it's silly to place blame.

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heartbreaking to see!! I,m going to get a 5lb extingisher for mine today. About $50 and who knows it might help me or some stranger. I have seen a situation where a 5 pounder could have easily saved the vehicle. Unfortunately we all have the "It only happens to other people outlook on life" I have two in the house, now need two more, one for each vehicle.
You can get one at Home Depot for about $20.

Sponsored
OP
OP
5ohslow

5ohslow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
null
Vehicle(s)
null
v

Last edited:

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Motor Co is not the same as Ford Dealerships. They are entirely separate organizations. Of course a new vehicle should not catch fire. The anecdotal evidence smells like the dealer missed something during a repair, but it is hard to know for sure. We're all speculating so until there is hard evidence it's silly to place blame.
Let's just hope the OP get's taken care of properly! To be honest, if Ford fights this (either dealership or Mama Ford) the OP should file a lawsuit... he could have been killed due to either negligence or defective manufacture.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Let's just hope the OP get's taken care of properly! To be honest, if Ford fights this (either dealership or Mama Ford) the OP should file a lawsuit... he could have been killed due to either negligence or defective manufacture.
Agreed...he should get his car taken care of completely based on the information told here.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
You can get one at Home Depot for about $20.
You have to get the correct kind. You need one for automotive use.

Halguard is the way to go
http://www.h3rperformance.com/hg250b.htm

No thermal shock to electronics
No mess or damage to vehicle or surfaces
Liquefied gas extinguishes hard-to-reach fires
Does not impair operator's vision
EPA approvedListed and rated 2B:C by Underwriters Laboratories Rechargeable
Made in U.S.A.2-strap mounting bracket 6' - 10' discharge range
High quality steel cylinders
All metal valve construction
Compact, lightweight, easy to use
Five year limited warranty

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
You clearly don't know how warranty works. FORD reimburses the dealership for all warranty parts/labor. Where do you think the money comes from, the money out back at the dealership's money tree?

OP had nothing done in the engine bay that would've started this per se; and the story always has been smoke came from under the hood since the story broke.

Even if the dealership did something negligent in repair that started the fire, either it's insurance will cover or Ford itself will. It's Ford's name on the the car at the end of the day and they don't want bad publicity over one $40k vehicle.
Yes ford reimburses for warranty repairs but they have no part in the a bad job being done. That responsibility falls on the dealership. You clearly don't know how warranty works lol :headbonk: Ford's name is on the car but a crappy job by a mechanic is not their problem.

The story has always been fire under the hood but the actual work done was not identified until today. So far as anyone on here knew they could have replaced the entire fuel system and left it disconnected.
Sponsored