Sponsored

Boost Works Supercharged GT Fire Up Video..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just a quick video.. Still have a few loose ends to tidy up, but we fired the car up for the first time. Waiting on 8 rib parts to show up, so please excuse the 6 rib belt on the 8 rib blower pulley. lol

[ame]

As soon as HP Tuners is ready, we'll have it on the dyno. Should be any day now. It's pullied to make around 14-15psi. We'll be on C16, so hopefully around 700-725whp.
Sponsored

Yellow15Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Yellow GT on order
Nice, real nice.
Is that the stock GT exhaust?

Watching the video really shows off how crappy the plastic radiator overflow looks.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
They removed the upper chassis bracing...I wouldn't own that.
Actually, we're building a stronger brace from chrome moly. The flimsy stock brace isn't doing much of anything, it's an add on for track pack cars I believe. If you're going to road race the car, maybe you would worry about it.

Sponsored

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Actually, we're building a stronger brace from chrome moly. The flimsy stock brace isn't doing much of anything, it's an add on for track pack cars I believe. If you're going to road race the car, maybe you would worry about it.
While I would love to see an even stiffer and lighter brace which is possible with tubing; calling a 1/4" thick brace that spans the engine compartment flimsy is pure poppycock. And failing to include it rendering the car less safe and not warning the consumer is going to leave you open to serious lawsuits.

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
While I would love to see an even stiffer and lighter brace which is possible with tubing; calling a 1/4" thick brace that spans the engine compartment flimsy is pure poppycock. And failing to include it rendering the car less safe and not warning the consumer is going to leave you open to serious lawsuits.
Thanks for your concern..

The "K-Brace", which is an OPTION on Track Pack cars is a little over .200" thick, and can be flexed using nothing more than my hands and a knee. This is not a critical piece in terms of structural safety. If that were the case, ALL cars would have it, and it wouldn't be optional. It is included in the optional Track Pack, and serves to decrease body roll by connecting the firewall with the strut towers. The car is not going to wreck going down the highway because it doesn't have the optional K-Brace.

However, as I've already stated, we are building a much stronger replacement that will fit around the supercharger, for those who plan to road race their vehicle, or simply want it on there. It will not flex and it will be much nicer than what's on their now. Keep in mind, this is a prototype in the earliest of stages to begin with. So, cut us a little slack, please? I guess our definition of "flimsy" is different than yours. At any rate.. Cheers! :cheers:

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How similar is the 2015 kit to the 2014 kit?
It requires machining to the Kenne Bell lower in order to fit the next cylinder heads (castings are different). We've also had to machine parts to get the engine lower in the bay for hood clearance.

We'll have all of the guess work done for you on the production kit. :)

08gt

Threads
Reaction score
No wonder, surprised it fit so cleanely.

How much tighter IS the engine bay do we know?

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's a lot tighter between the frame rails for sure. There seems to be a good bit of room up front for piping and such. Clearance through the sub-frame is about the same as the S197. We plan on building a turbo system for the car, including a pair of stainless turbo manifolds that tuck the turbos right up next to the block.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.