Drop ship for tuner

frriveramd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th LE #467
I want to drop ship my car to a tuner. Got the information as to how to do it but my dealer is saying they do not want to do it because of salesman loosing his commission. Does anyone know whether that is correct?

Seems like my only option will be to having my car shipped to and from the tuner.
Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
You have to take possession at the dealership, plain and simple. That is where Ford delivers to legally for non-fleet cars I believe. How far are you from the shop? Can you drive it there yourself? If you can't shipped may be your only option unless you could find someone and pay them to drive it there. Maybe someone in your area here on the board could help you out.

OP
OP

frriveramd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Arizona, drop ship would be in Dearborn, Michigan (how ironic). Shipping will not be a problem. Just wanted to make sure that what I was told was correct. Dealer did say that they would drop ship but it would mean I would have to pay a "premium" over negotiated price so that salesman will get his commission.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I'm in Arizona, drop ship would be in Dearborn, Michigan (how ironic). Shipping will not be a problem. Just wanted to make sure that what I was told was correct. Dealer did say that they would drop ship but it would mean I would have to pay a "premium" over negotiated price so that salesman will get his commission.
Understood. Depends on how much the premium fee would be. Is Michigan the closest tuner you would find acceptable?

OP
OP

frriveramd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
Closest one providing a powertrain warranty.

I have a few other options for tuners in the Southwest, though.

Sponsored

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
How far is the dealer from your tuner? Can't you just slip your sales guy a Benjamin and have him drop it off after it's delivered to dealer and inspected, etc..?

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
How far is the dealer from your tuner? Can't you just slip your sales guy a Benjamin and have him drop it off after it's delivered to dealer and inspected, etc..?
He answered that already.

frriveramd said:
I'm in Arizona, drop ship would be in Dearborn, Michigan (how ironic).

OP
OP

frriveramd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
Turns out dealership in AZ has a relationship with Hennessey. They are willing to pay shipping to Hennessey once I have taken possession of the car. I'm debating whether I should go with Hennessey given stories out there.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Turns out dealership in AZ has a relationship with Hennessey. They are willing to pay shipping to Hennessey once I have taken possession of the car. I'm debating whether I should go with Hennessey given stories out there.
$15k for a supercharger that (total) puts out 620hp if you go that route. Pretty much any other aftermarket supercharger would be much less, I'm sure.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I would play it safe and build something better for less.
Keep an eye out for turbo results, shouldn't be long now that Urist got his hands on a 5.0.

OP
OP

frriveramd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
Other tuner quoted me just over $15,000 for built short block, Whipple supercharger, full exhaust, and hardened half shafts.
Sponsored