2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
460 is 5HP over the easter egg.... so maybe 760 for the GT500? ;)
You never know, maybe that 680 HP MT info is for an NA car...
If so, SOLD, ill take the least HP model:)
680 at 3900 lbs.... not bad! With DCT would probably be one quick mother around the track.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
680 at 3900 lbs.... not bad! With DCT would probably be one quick mother around the track.
A 680 hp 429 :eyebulge: I'm in!:hail:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
:popcorn:

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
I see where Ford has developed a water injection system for their turbo cars. This system gives our pulling tractors a big jump in hp. Hope to see it on a GT 500.

An interesting thought, and while the technology has been around for a while and does work, I don't think it will happen. You have added cost, packaging constraints, and you gotta believe the average consumer will want to fill up another tank with water. A water tank would likely eat into either trunk space or eat away at space for the gas tank. Plenty of brodozers complain about having to add DEF to their diesel pickups.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I think you're onto something here Jim.
The Roush Stage 3 car will probably up there in HP (around 680HP) and I think the Shelby cars always had more HP than the Roush cars. If that is any indication.

I'm sticking to my guns and saying that the new GT500 is over 750HP. :)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I like the sound of your emoji. Makes me want hunk Machsmith is on to something ;)
Or that he's (and MT) pretty far off and it's enjoyable to sit here and watch. :D

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Or that he's (and MT) pretty far off and it's enjoyable to sit here and watch. :D
Glad i can entertain! Im not too confident a NA high HP mustang is coming, but i can dream.
Maybe the mach 1 will come with a 427 ;)

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Glad i can entertain! Im not too confident a NA high HP mustang is coming, but i can dream.
Maybe the mach 1 will come with a 427 ;)
He's hinting a bit, but sure would be nice if he hinted to when we would get some real info!! You know what I found interesting is when Drum posted that web page with a VERY optimistic TT car and lightweight that we all claimed BS he didn't come in and completely thrash it, which I figured he would if it was way off base (maybe it was so off base he just didn't care to reply!!).
On another note I saw the new '18 has a drag mode and they engineered that suspension mode to be soft up front on launch, that should definitely help.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
He's hinting a bit, but sure would be nice if he hinted to when we would get some real info!! You know what I found interesting is when Drum posted that web page with a VERY optimistic TT car and lightweight that we all claimed BS he didn't come in and completely thrash it, which I figured he would if it was way off base (maybe it was so off base he just didn't care to reply!!).
On another note I saw the new '18 has a drag mode and they engineered that suspension mode to be soft up front on launch, that should definitely help.
Wish I knew when the public will hear about it (honest).

It is pretty funny to see everyone on FB all bummed by a prediction of 680 hp because MT threw some darts at a wall, though!

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06

It is pretty funny to see everyone on FB all bummed by a prediction of 680 hp because MT threw some darts at a wall, though!

Ya, I've been reading MT for years and when they release that particular article each year they always take some stabs and guess some numbers of cars coming out. It got everyone disappointed that's for sure.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis

Do you know actual poduction HP numbers?
I remember a few months ago what range you hinted... hopefully it didnt change much.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
If MT is correct then Ford is building a GT500 that will not only be compared to the ZL1 and Hellcat, but will be in direct competition with tuned GT models like Roush, Shelby America, etc... that are already offered.

Those tuned GTs alone demand that Ford increases the displacement or changes the engine entirely to set the GT500 apart from a tuned GT.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know actual poduction HP numbers?
I remember a few months ago what range you hinted... hopefully it didnt change much.
;)

No one will be disappointed in the specs (except GM and Dodge) unless they're convinced it has to be a very specific forced induction method.
Sponsored