GT350R splitter group buy - $950 plus ship - Roll call

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I spoke with Mike at White Bear Lake Ford parts and he has agreed to do the deal at 7 people. I need a roll call from all persons interested.

Thanks

------------------------------------------------

I just got off the phone with Mike at White Bear Lake Ford and inquired about a group buy for GT350R front end splitters. Please see the photo of the label of the one I have below.

Pricing is normally $985.18. Mike explained to me that there is not a whole lot of margin on these items and that he could extend to us a price of $950 plus shipping. It was explained to me that this is a large box (which it is because I have one in my garage). So for that shipping would run about $150.

Anybody with serious interest, please post here and with a list of 10 names, we can move forward.

List of people (in order)
[MENTION=26358]mkonrad[/MENTION] [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION]
Tomster [MENTION=25462]benjaminlox[/MENTION] [MENTION=16142]jefc73[/MENTION] [MENTION=11290]xXANCHORMONXx[/MENTION] [MENTION=31722]rtmc67shelby[/MENTION]
Sponsored

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I got one from Mike not long ago, big box indeed. This is a great price, especially considering what the price was early on from Ford.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
So tempting. $hipping kills it for me.
Bought mine from my selling dealer - he ordered it and matched the WBL price, resulting in no shipping.... though I did have to pay sales tax, which was less than half of the shipping cost.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
What are the chances they will drop lower than 950?

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They really can't. Their margin is already about as low as you can go what with credit card fees, administrative and handling costs at the dealer. The only potential lies in shipping but based on the size of the box you are going to be hard pressed.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I meant a potential price change from Ford. It's twice the cost of the non-r and it's very similarly engineered.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
What are the chances they will drop lower than 950?
I called the parts manager at a dealership that I have done a lot of business with in the past (O.C. Welch Ford/Lincoln in Bluffton, S.C.) and the best price that they can come up with is $985.00 plus applicable taxes based on 10 or more.

In my case it would be easy for me to pick up my front spoiler on my own but not so good for many others on here therefore they would have to arrange for their own shipping costs.

Just an FYI.

;)

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested, since I'd be buying one soon; I know the pedigree and know you'll end up paying $1K for an identical part.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm interested, since I'd be buying one soon; I know the pedigree and know you'll end up paying $1K for an identical part.
That's exactly correct. If you want an identical OEM part then you have no choice. Others have asked if the prices will come down? :shrug:

For everyone else:
Nobody enjoys shelling out coin like that, but it is a discount from current pricing none the less.

If anyone needs one, you will not find it cheaper (as of now). I have no skin in the game. If it comes down to 9 people and we need one more, I'll be the 10th.

FYI, white bear lake has two in stock and Ford only has a total of 8 of them, so maybe the cost is that they don't make very many of them.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I meant a potential price change from Ford. It's twice the cost of the non-r and it's very similarly engineered.
I think it may have to do with small batch production :shrug:

Mike told me that Fords parts inventory only showed a total of 8 available.

So who knows.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The R was over 3x the cost of the non-R when I bought one from Autonation (at the $9xx price you see here). They are indeed similarly engineered.

A single piece splitter should be less than one that requires three separate pieces. They both use the same riveted framework that runs across the middle section of each. Yet if the splitter costs were directly related to sales of each model I could see the R splitter being even more - which it was until the last price reduction.

Tom - add me to the list. I'd like to have a backup R splitter.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Making decision on AG 350. Went and saw it today. If I decide to get it then I definitely want the R splitter. :thumbsup:

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
While I'd love one, and will eventually pony up and buy one, I don't get the logic behind paying $950 plus roughly $150 for shipping versus just paying $985ish from a local dealer. Just sayin'
Sponsored