fsvec

fsvec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost
Tires are the most important part of your car. It doesn't matter if you have a $1M McLaren or Ferrari if you are driving on all-season tires, the car will handle, drive, and perform like crap.

Tires are the most important safety and performance device, whether you're on the street, strip, or track, select a tire best suited for your needs. It sounds like for your needs the 500 will be a great choice. I caution you spending $ on so many parts when i'm pretty confident your issue is your tires. You could spend a lot and realize the underlying problem (I think your all-seasons) is still there.

I'd change the tires out before buying anything for the chassis and suspension. Once you feel how the Mustang is suppose to handle and perform with a quality tire, then look at the deficiencies that you want to improve.

True, guess I have to agree. Plan is now to check for wiggles while car is on lift this weekend. Get dampers, mount and tires within the next month probably. I'll hold off on the upgrades until then

I wanted to get bigger tires when I upgraded so this would be a good time to ask. I have the base 18x8 5-114.3 rims, and I'm seeing that the biggest I could go on those is 255. Out of these available size, which would be best? Current tires are 235/50/18

255/35R18, 255/40R18, 255/45R18
245/40R18, 245/45R18 (if 255 is too big)
Sponsored

OP
OP
fsvec

fsvec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost
Update:

After taking it to the dealership a third time, they guaranteed me nothing was wrong. Okay, guess I believe them now.

I finished installing the bmr k-brace, cb005, steeda pro-action non-adj shocks/struts, rear shock mounts and alignment. Night and day difference, the play is completely gone, the car feels solid all around. Applying power now feels uniform if that makes sense

To finish it off, waiting on shipping for Verde V25 Quantum 19x9.5 wheels paired with Indy500 265/40/19

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Update:

After taking it to the dealership a third time, they guaranteed me nothing was wrong. Okay, guess I believe them now.

I finished installing the bmr k-brace, cb005, steeda pro-action non-adj shocks/struts, rear shock mounts and alignment. Night and day difference, the play is completely gone, the car feels solid all around. Applying power now feels uniform if that makes sense

To finish it off, waiting on shipping for Verde V25 Quantum 19x9.5 wheels paired with Indy500 265/40/19
:thumbsup:
Sponsored