Sponsored

Power Pack installs

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
My only issue is the cost. When I spoke with the Service person over the phone, she said that their Ford Performance guy (Assumingly Buff) was $160 an hour. So $320 for the intake and tune install seems pretty steep. I might need to go in and chat with them to see if I can't work out something more reasonable.
so here is the deal mate... Bikford is only FRPP and Roush dealer and they are good and they charge you for that. talk with them , talk to Sarah Lesse she is good and she can give you good quote.

The revolution speed factory in auburn are brilliant but do not have ASE , i have been asking them to get that stupid cert and be the top notch becaus they are awesome. They charge 110 per hour .

So majorly Bikford is chanrgin you for being the only dealer and retaining you warranty
Sponsored

WSUBUM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EB Premium Guard
I ended up going to Brad's Custom Auto. Very pleased with them. A nice little shop, very friendly and understanding people. Paid around $130 for the EB power pack install.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I ended up going to Brad's Custom Auto. Very pleased with them. A nice little shop, very friendly and understanding people. Paid around $130 for the EB power pack install.
Is he ASE certified

WSUBUM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EB Premium Guard

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I forgot to ask but they say they are a Ford Racing dealer and my warranty got approved so I'll guess yes.
My dear frn.. in entire wa.. there is only 1 FRPP and Roush dealer and thats Bickford...

i

Sponsored

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Installing the power pack yourself will not void warranty on the car. You will lose the warranty on the parts included in the power pack, but that's it. That's what I was told by Ford Performance directly.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Installing the power pack yourself will not void warranty on the car. You will lose the warranty on the parts included in the power pack, but that's it. That's what I was told by Ford Performance directly.
Thats true..

but u know.. u r chaning the tune., CAI and TB of the car.. dont u think they have enough to void anything on ur engine... but again depends on ur dealer.
Anyhow.. its u car ur call... play the chances.. god forbid if any repair comes in.. they will check in system who installed it.. and yes there is a track if its done by ASE or authorised dealer

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
I got some ridiculous quotes for installation from dealers around here and the one independent ASE certified shop in the area, so I talked to Ford Performance. Here is exactly what they told me:

So, it sucks that there is so much "mis-information" going around with warranty questions. By doing the install on your own (6 hours of labor is insane!!!), you only are losing out on the warranty for the actual components of the power pack. Your car is still 100% covered under the OEM warranty in terms of anything else going wrong with the car. Even if that were not the case, you would still be covered by the Magnusson Moss act, which essentially says that unless modifications can be proven to have caused the failure (which would never happen with FPP parts!), you are covered. That warranty that you don't have due to installing it on your own is simply the 3/36 (from the vehicle in-service date) on the parts. FYI- I installed PP1 on my own S550 before I worked for FPP, and had warranty work done with no issues what-so-ever.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I got some ridiculous quotes for installation from dealers around here and the one independent ASE certified shop in the area, so I talked to Ford Performance. Here is exactly what they told me:

So, it sucks that there is so much "mis-information" going around with warranty questions. By doing the install on your own (6 hours of labor is insane!!!), you only are losing out on the warranty for the actual components of the power pack. Your car is still 100% covered under the OEM warranty in terms of anything else going wrong with the car. Even if that were not the case, you would still be covered by the Magnusson Moss act, which essentially says that unless modifications can be proven to have caused the failure (which would never happen with FPP parts!), you are covered. That warranty that you don't have due to installing it on your own is simply the 3/36 (from the vehicle in-service date) on the parts. FYI- I installed PP1 on my own S550 before I worked for FPP, and had warranty work done with no issues what-so-ever.
as i said it again depends on dealership.. and before u put quotes and unquotes... dude its on u to prove that u did not fuck up the car.... my dealership is mod friendly they don give a damn... but go to dealership like piere ford.. etc.. so again.. its on dealership how they treat and i don know which dealership quoted 6 hours.. Mine took 1096 including kit and labor,.. so do some research before coming to a conclusion...and FRPP will defend their stuff...FRPP is also a after market.. so chillax..
Sponsored